20.

Carina

I woke up this morning not in the mood to go to work. It had been 4 days since me and Q's falling out but I still was thinking about it.

I mean, of course.

"Very often you are in the right place, at the right time, but you don't know it"

Closing my daily quote book I went into the bathroom and started my shower. After I finished in the bathroom and got dressed I went downstairs and left out the door. Stopping at McDonald's I ordered some breakfast before heading to the studio.

20 minutes later I pulled up. I had 40 minutes left to spare so I decided to eat my food in the car.

"Oh my gosh" I moaned. The food was amazing this morning.

"Hey girly" Cynthia knocked on my window.

"Hey"

"Girl why you sitting in the car eating. Come in"

Smiling I grabbed my bag and food then followed her inside.

"So remember we were talking about you getting into the modeling industry?"

"Yeah"

"So my cousin wants to be a photographer and I don't know if you started your portfolio but he can maybe help you. He takes amazing photos"

"For real? Yes, I've been looking for someone. You're the best boss slash friend ever" I hugged her.

"Aw, thanks. Just tryna help out. You know"

"Yess thank you. What's his name"

"David. I'll give you his card. I already told him about you so he'll be expecting something from you if you decide to go through with it"

"Okay, thanks again"

Handing me his business card I put it in my pocket then proceeded to my classroom to finish my food. I had 3 classes today and wouldn't be finished until 5 per usual.

Sitting down I started eating my food again and examined the card. It had a picture of him taking a photo but from a side view, he looked cute. Deciding to send him an email I told him who I was and asked if we could meet up to discuss some things. Less then 10 minutes later he responded agreeing and telling me when he was available. Checking my other emails I clicked a specific one nibbling on my bottom lip.

You have to do it, I thought.

Calling Quincy I waited for the phone to connect. When it did I quickly moved out the camera so he wouldn't see how nervous I was. For some reason I was hoping he didn't answer.

"Hi" I said.

"Hey, I was meaning to call you wassup" He walked outside closing a door.

"I got an email saying the shirt and portrait is ready"

"Aigh. Imma get it today, thanks. Speaking of that I was tellin' my dad about the gifts an'  how you helped me. He mentioned bringing you to the party they throwing. You'on gotta go if you don't want to tho'"

Biting my inner cheek I looked at the phone we weren't in the best of terms now and I didn't think I should meet his family just in case this relationship doesn't go anywhere...

But it would be a bad look especially since his parents know about me. Now they're expecting Quincy's new fling.

"If you want me to come-"

"I do" He sat on the steps fixing the hat on his head. I was about to ask where he was but I fought against it.

"Okay, then I'll be there. When is it?"