86.

Carina

Situating my headphones I turned into Chick Fil A's drive-through slowly. Pushing the brake, I waited behind the three cars in front of me.

Hearing a lot of shuffling I looked down at my facetime call.

"Matt" I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want to talk about?" I questioned.

He texted me saying he needed to chat and now we were on the phone. We actually had been for the last ten minutes but he wouldn't tell me what had him jittery.

Instead, he asked about my day, horrible. How was work? Boring.
Watching anything good tonight? No!

He was being so annoying. I wished he'd just open his big mouth and spill it. I wasn't in a chit-chatting mood.

"Okay! You gotta promise not to open your fat ass mouth" He said.

Sighing I sat the phone up pulling forward.

"Say it!" I yelled at him.

"Alright! I had sex with someone else!" He blurted.

Sending him a look I side-eyed him. Sariyah had been sleeping with other men this whole time. He was all worked up about something she nine times out of ten doesn't care about.

"Matthew. You're single. Who cares?"

"Sariyah will. You know she was acting all funny about the Tania situation and like you said I'm single" I moved up again.

"You're grown. Do what you want. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't care"

"Why you acting so nonchalant like I just said I stole her pillowcase. That's your best friend, isn't it? I practically cheated on her cause she was all into me and I went and fucked someone else. I sorta didn't end things but if she founds out. Ion know. She may not talk to me

"If she doesn't, she doesn't. Move on there are a million people in Cali"

"Okay, and I want her. Fuck is up with you?" He questioned pissing me off.

"Hi. May I have a name for your order" The woman approached my car.

"Carina" I replied but Matt kept rambling.

"Okay. What can I get you?"

"Matt wait!" I shouted into the phone.

"Excuse ma'am" She replied as I palmed my face.

"I'm sorry can I get a number two, with cheese. And water"

"Small, medium, or large"

"Medium"

"Any sauce?"

"Polynesian"

"Uh" She went silent.
"Okay ma'am pull up to the window"

Pulling up I turned back to Matthew.
"I don't know what to tell you"

"You real hostile. I'm tryna figure out what I did to you. Your attitude trash bro"

"My attitude isn't trash! I'm going through stuff and nobody asked how I was"

"I asked how you were when we got on the phone. You ain't wanna talk about it. I called you last week to check on you but you were stank then too. You selfish"

"I'm not selfish!" I shrieked.

"You acting like it. And a little bitchy if I'm being honest"