49.

Carina

I was sitting in the doctor's office waiting for my name to be called. My black and white classic vans tapped against the porcelain tiles repeatedly. It must have been annoying the assistant because she shut her window. I honestly couldn't get myself to care. With the amount of fear and emotions going through me right now nothing else mattered. You'd think I was walking into a death sentence with the way my adrenaline raced.

"Thompson?" A short Puerto Rican lady called out like I wasn't the only one in here.

"A— that's me" I stuttered.

Motioning for me to follow her I put my purse on my shoulder standing to my feet. We walked down the hall then she opened a door and we went in. She did normal procedure before the doctor comes then stepped out telling me she would be right in.

"Hi Carinaaa" Dr. Alexandria stepped in with a wide smile. Smiling back I calmed down a bit just off of seeing her excited facial expression.
"So what brings you in" She took a seat crossing her legs.

"I think I may be pregnant" I said taking a deep breath.

"Oh wow, okay. Have you been missing your periods? Why do you think that"

"No that's why I have doubts. It's been really light though and I'm experiencing nausea, discomfort, and exhaustion" She jotted down something in her book on the table.

"Okay so those are normal symptoms, want I will do is basically give you a new method of identifying pregnancy. Its basically a blood test and a pelvic exam" She closed her book looking towards me. Nodding she handed me a robe to put on. She stepped out of the room to get the necessary tools as I stripped out of my clothes. Folding them I put them next to my pillow just as she knocked.

"I'm ready"

* * *

"The results will be back in about two to three days. I'll call you as soon as I get them and let you know if your intuition is right"

"Okay. Thanks again, so much"

"Oh no problem, it's my job. Take care" Saying goodbye I left out the building. Making my way to Matt's house I stopped and got some food before arriving. Ringing the doorbell I waited for him to open it.

"I knew I smelled something" He peeked his head in my bag.

"Not for you" I walked pass him into his now fully furnished living room.

"Damn forget yo fat ass"

"Matt!" My eyes widen looking at him.

"Oh shit, I ain't mean it like that"

He was the only one who knew about my possible pregnancy because he kept asking me where I was at and I just blurted it out. At first, I was gonna make up a lie but he continued asking me which only pissed me off so I just said it.

"Can you even move around while you pregnant?" He tried to help me sit down so I snatched my arms out his hands.

"Nigga I'm not disabled"

"Ion know how this shit work" He said throwing his hands up in defense.

"Matt get away from me" I laughed.
"Don't you have younger siblings"

"What that mean? My mother was a rolling stone, shit half of the time we ain't even know she was pregnant. Ass just pop up with an 8-pound nigga" He said causing me to cover my mouth trying not to laugh in his face.
"You ain't shit" He shook his head as I bust out laughing.