30.

Omniscient

It was 6 o'clock and Carina had just pulled up to her parent's house. Knocking on the door it swung open.

"Damnnn. I know that ain't you whipping Q car like that" Carter said referring to how she pulled up.

"Yessir. That's my car now" She stepped in.

"You ready?" She asked as they walked into the dining room.

"Nope but I gotta do it" He responded blowing air out his nostrils. Sitting down she watched her parents walk in.

"So wassup? What's this meeting for" Her father, Jarvin sat down as well as her mother, Janice.

"Well. Carter has something to tell you guys, but before he does y'all have to promise not to be mad and not to wild out on him" She pointed at the pair. Squinting their eyes they nodded then Carter proceeded to speak.

"So a girl I used to mess around with hit me saying we needed to speak a few weeks ago. It was ode weird to me because I hadn't seen nor spoke to her in years. I called her and she started rambling on about our past and her life. I started getting agitated because I'm like whatchu wanna talk to me for. I ain't call to sit here and listen to her talk about our past and how she's doing" Looking elsewhere he took a deep breath.

"She got hella quiet then started saying how it was so hard for her to call me. I was about to hang up on her but then... I have a baby" He palmed his face obviously still in shock himself.

"A baby?!" Their mother stood while Jarvin just shook his head. He wasn't surprised at all and he actually knew this was coming. It was like all his children were shooting ones and getting ones young except for Malai and Carina.

"What the hell does she mean a baby? You're only 21 Carter!" Her eyes widen.

"Ma" Carina called out but Janice kept her eyes on him. She couldn't believe what she was being told. She wasn't even into her 50's yet and she was already being told she had yet another grandchild on the way by her youngest.

"Ion know how it happened ma. It's my first time hearing this. I never dated her she was just someone I knew and kicked it with"

"How old is this child" She fanned herself trying to calm down a bit. She could feel her body overheating.

"4"

"4?!" Janice yelled again.

"Baby calm down" Jarvin tried to make her relax. He was disappointed but knew at this point there was nothing that could be done or said.

"Calm down? Our son just told us he has a 4-year-old baby and you want me to calm down? I thought I taught all of you to be better than this. I didn't want y'all to end up like me. So young with children" She started to cry.

"Y'all are the best thing that ever happened to me but I had to throw my whole dream away after I got pregnant. I had more important things to worry about. And your father had to slave to ensure we were good and had food on the table. It's not easy. Luckily y'all have us but it's hard out here boy. Why Carter, why?"

Carter just looked down. He couldn't say anything. He hated seeing his mother cry especially because of him. He was ashamed of himself but just like the rest of his siblings, it was hard for them to express it. He couldn't believe he had created a child at such a young age. Now his wild crazy lifestyle had to come to an end and that scared him.

"Ma. I'm sorry"

"Is it really yours? Could she be lying" Jarvin finally spoke.

"I thought that but she showed me a picture. She took my whole face pa"
Sitting back watching the scene Carina had a weird feeling but couldn't shake it.