83.

Omniscient

Pulling into the lot David looked around for a parking space. When he found one he drove into it setting his car in park.

Leaning back in his seat he cut the engine looking to Carina. With a frown planted on her face, she sat looking straight ahead.

"You okay?" He chuckled taking his seatbelt off.

"No" She said flatly.

"Cool. Ima see what they got. You stay here" He opened his door hoping out.

Rolling her eyes she watched his figure go in front of his range. They had a staring contest as she still held an angry expression but he was laughing.

He couldn't help but snicker at Carina when she was angry because she tried so hard to pose as a threat.

It never worked.

She wasn't really mad but she didn't want to leave her bed this afternoon. All she had been doing was working then going home. She rarely talked to anyone and she didn't want to.

It was like ever since she got back from her trip people were either mean to her, pressing her, or getting her mad. She didn't like it one bit.

Dave on the other hand noticed her distance and wanted to know why. They were just cool a week ago and now she was acting funny.

He was back in LA and wanted to check out this new Chicken & Waffle spot opening today that everyone was talking about. He also wanted to see what was up with her so he figured he'd knock two birds with one stone before he went back to NYC.

Feeling his phone ring he broke his eyes from her taking it out his pocket. Sliding to connect the call he smirked putting it on speaker.

"Whatchu want?" He spoke.

"Since you forced me out of the house you might as well open my door. It's the least you can do" Carina said through the phone.

Chuckling he stepped off the sidewalk grabbing the handle. Pulling it open he motioned for her to come out.

"Thank you" She said holding the oh-shit bar to hop down.

Slamming the door back he let her go in front of him before following behind. Being the gentleman he was he opened the glass door for her perusal.

As soon as the pair stepped in a strong tasty smell tickled their noses.

"Oh my gosh" Carina moaned rolling her eyes back.

"Please don't do that shit again" His face twisted as he looked at her.

Laughing she pushed him.
"Do you not smell the food?"

"I do but I'm not finna moan. That's ode"

Shooing him they stood in the short line. They were glad they got there when they did because a flock of people started entering.

Finally, they were up next and Rina was excited because she couldn't remember the last time she ate. She hadn't been in the mood to, so she wasn't consuming anything recently. It was super unhealthy but she wasn't acknowledging it. Instead, she hadn't even notice. She was accustomed to it now.

After placing their order for the food they found open seats since they said they wanted to eat there.

"I thought you ain't wanna be here?"
He teased since before she was all mad but now she seemed cheerful.