Innocent Pt. 2

Eunji was a bit confused. Why were these seven boys hanging out with her all of the sudden? She couldn't remember the last time someone went up to her to be friends. Even though they were aware that she was hated by everyone, the boys still stuck around her. But she wasn't ready to fully trust these people yet. Her trust had already been broken too many times.

Her thought was rudely interrupted when Lena, the school's most popular girl, slammed Eunji's locker. Lena laughed at Eunji's startled reaction.

"Hey nerd, I need you to do my homework for today," Lena spat in her face.

Eunji smirked, finding it funny how this girl thinks she can make people do whatever she wants.

"Do your own homework," Eunji muttered, turning to walk away. But Lena's friends blocked her before she could do so.

"Aha what did you just say?" Lena scoffed, in a warning tone. But Eunji showed no sign of fear. Instead, she looked right into the girl's eye with a cold glare.

"I said, do. your. own. homework," Eunji said, her voice was on thin ice. Lena's anger flickered and her hand flew across Eunji's cheek.

Before Eunji could react, Lena kicked her in the stomach and her friends began to beat Eunji. Anger and humiliation filled in Eunji, but she didn't fight back. There was no point when she was outnumbered.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing to her?!" A familiar voice shouted.

Jungkook ran over and glared at the girls, "Leave before I make you regret hurting her."

Lena and her friends quickly ran away, in fear of Jungkook's threats. His eyes softened when they fell on Eunji. He reached his hand out to help her get up. But Eunji ignored his hand and stood back up herself.

"You didn't have to do that," Eunji mumbled as she dusted off her pants.

Jungkook smirked, "I'm pretty sure that if I didn't come in, you would've been beaten pretty badly by them."

Eunji sighed in frustration, "Yeah you're probably right. But why do you care?"

"Because my friends and I want to be friends with you," Jungkook answered. "Why do they treat you like that?"

Eunji shrugged, "Because people like to think I'm a spoiled brat because they think I'm rich."

"Why do they think that?" Jungkook asked, even though he knew the answer.

"Since my f-father owns a big company he has a lot of money," Eunji explained. "But I don't get any of his money, I have a job on my own and earn my money by myself. But I'm not as wealthy as he.."

Jungkook could see how much the fact angered her by the flickered of flames in her eyes. Since Mr. Gong's company was so successful, that made her not have to worry about money. So people like to assume she has everything and takes advantage of others. But Eunji was the one who would be taken advantage of. A time came where she just stopped trusting people.

"I won't judge you," Jungkook said. "You can trust us."

"We'll see about that," Eunji said, avoiding looking at him. "You'll probably leave me just like everyone has. But thank you for scaring those girls away."

Before Jungkook could say anything more she left, leaving Jungkook confused. She really was something, wasn't she? Jungkook pressed his hand against his chest, feeling his heart beating faster. What was this strange feeling?

"Okay so I was thinking that we should ask Eunji to go to her house to study or something," Namjoon said, after their first week at the new school. The first week they spent trying to gain Eunji's trust and to be her friend. It may seem that way on the outside, but something told Jungkook she had her own doubts on these seven boys who spontaneously appeared in her life.