If Things Were Different

"I'm sorry Jungkook-ah. But I think it's best that you go on your path and I go on mine."

[Four Years Later]

Those were the last words Eunji said to him before she officially broke things off. Before she walked out of Jungkook's life for good.

After she left the university building, Jungkook had fallen apart. He repeatedly tried to call and text her. By then Eunji had already blocked his number.

Jungkook didn't have many regrets. He had his dream job, six loving hyungs, good food and a comfortable home. If he had to do it all over again, he would do everything almost exactly the same. Except for letting Eunji go.

He completely overlooked her feelings. He left her to balance their broken relationship alone. He made her feel like he hated her. He hurt her and he knew it.

Four years had passed and MAMA 2020 was already here. Jungkook was standing at the end with his members at the red carpet, taking photos.

"Hana dul set!" The cameraman said as his camera snapped away. After the last photo was taken, the boys started to head to their dressing room.

Before Jungkook could follow his hyungs, he glanced at the next celebrity to walk on the red carpet. He froze when he recognized who it was.

There she was in a beautiful black off the shoulder dress with a high-low skirt and long raven hair, Kim Eunji. Well on stage she was known as Snow.

Not long after Eunji broke up with Jungkook, she was unexpectedly scouted by RBW Entertainment after seeing the recital that Jungkook missed. Eunji thought it was a joke at first, not knowing why they would recruit a girl who made a fool of herself on stage.

However, the CEO saw potential in Eunji's talent. With almost a year and a half of training, Eunji successfully debuted under the stage name "Snow" as a soloist under RBW Entertainment.

Jungkook had heard that Eunji became an idol. He wasn't surprised as his members were. Jungkook knew how talented Eunji was. After all, he had fallen for her after hearing her sing. He had even watched her debut stage.

He was more than happy for Eunji. He knew how much she loved singing and how hard she worked to pursue a singing career. Her family hadn't been the most supportive. So Jungkook was the only person who motivated her. Jungkook just wished that he could've been there in person to support her.

"Jungkook-ah!" Taehyung called the maknae's name.

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts, "Huh?"

"Whoa is that Eunji?" Taehyung asked. He had just caught a glimpse of her.

Jungkook looked back and nodded, "Yeah it is."

"Wow she looks so pretty," Taehyung gushed. "I heard she got nominated for quite a few categories."

Jungkook nodded and nudged Taehyung, "C'mon we should go."

***

Jungkook was quickly distracted by interviews and soon he and his members were in their seats, watching the MAMA awards show. They were seated next to GOT7 so Jungkook had a fun time catching up with Yugyeom, while watching the performances.

The current performance was a collab stage with artists from RBW entertainment, including Eunji.

"Woah that's Kim Eunji, right?" Yugyeom asked, gesturing to the girl dancing in a sparkly white stage outfit.

"Y-yeah it is," Jungkook nodded. He couldn't help but to smile when he heard Eunji hit a high note perfectly.

Yugyeom nudged his friend, "Have you talked to her at all since...you know."