hibernation

It was a very bright day in Corona. The sun peered in from every windowsill and unlike everyone who was out and enjoying the sunny day; you were in bed, sleeping. You heard a commotion from the hallway.

"Wake up, (y/n)!" called a familiar voice. You knew this voice, you smiled at this voice and you looked to the side for just a moment to hopefully spot the sound of the voice. The door to your bedroom creaked open and you waited for the owner of the voice to come closer.

"Wake up!" Varian said.

"No, I'm staying here."

"But look at your window, it's an amazing day!"

"I don't want to look out my window, it's too blinding." You rolled over to your other side, away from Varian, and pulled the covers of your bed around yourself.

"Just get up (y/n)! It's not that hard!"

You were too tired to really contradict him and when you were tired you talked like a third-grader. "No, I'm hibernating!"

"What?! It's not even that cold out! It's a sunny day! And you're not even an animal!" Varian said to you. He tried to take the blankets off of your bed to get you out but you had a firm grip on them.

"I can be what I want to be!" You said and created a blanket cocoon for yourself.

"Just get out of bed!"

"No!" You said.

"Fine, if that's the way it's going to be." Then Varian picked you up bridal style and took you out of the bedroom.

"Put me down." You said.

"No."

"Put me down." You said again.

"Okay."

"Varian." You said laughing. You blanket cocoon made the perfect cushion for the drop and you raced after him outside into the sun, you were still wearing your pajamas but you didn't care because it was a sunny day.

"See, look at how nice it is today! What do you think?"

"I think I'm going to go back to bed." The two of you laughed and you went back inside to change out of your pajamas. You came back outside only to have a flurry of flowers thrown in your face.

"Gotcha."

"I'm going to get you back." and that's how a day of sleeping in bed went from chasing each other in the sun.

authors note

Thanks so much to tumblr writing prompts for OTP. Tumblr inspires me daily. This is the fourth one shot and there are four more days left (if you count today) until Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure gets more episodes. Redemption arc for Varian? More about the Stabbington Brothers? Vex? Probably not by the looks of it. Cassandra's takedown! The pure injustice of me getting more Tangled Episodes two weeks after everyone in the States. That's right, so no spoilers please! This has been your friend kara, see you when I'm not about to pass out.

467 words, October 4th

487 words, April 27th