moonage daydream

"ENTER..." joked Varian, "Imagine it, the six of us...on the stage. Lights are up. Speakers are beating loudly. Crowd is cheering violently." Everyone smiled as he planned out the entrance to their stage. Rapunzel was petting Varian's cat as she sat down on one of the tall wooden stools. She was laughing and Ruddiger was purring as he curled up in her lap.

You took one of the old cardboard boxes that were sitting on the black mass of the stage and tossed it to him. "You're forgetting one thing," He caught the cardboard box and you sat at the edge, legs dangling over the side. "We don't have a song."

Of course it hadn't been your idea to start a band, but no one seemed truly committed to the process. "But when we do..." Varian said, pointing to you with both of his hands. You slightly chuckled. You hadn't told anyone about your minor stage anxiety, but you knew that Lance had felt the same way once and that didn't unmotivated him from the band.

"We just need to get a really good flow going and then...BAM! Good ideas central!" Lance said positively. Rapunzel smiled and looked over to Eugene.

"Actually, we might have made a song already." Rapunzel smiled. She gently placed the cat down and brushed off her denim skirt which she had paired with a cute t-shirt and leggings. She took our her phone and gave you all a look at it. It was a video, she was singing. It was a good start, but they all knew that there was something missing.

Cass bit her lip, apprehensively. Glancing at the phone in perplexed thought, she was cooking up an idea in her brain. She went off the stage and we all turned her way. She returned with her bass guitar, that was black with stickers of stars and moons on it. "Play it again." She told Rapunzel. Rapunzel scrolled back on the video and started from the beginning. Cass immediately found matching chords for the vocals and before we knew it we had a song.

After you all played the song again in great spirits and good connection, Eugene's phone began ringing this his signature dialtone, "I'm awesome, look at me I'm so awesome." No one spared a laugh, you had all heard it dozens of times. Rapunzel gave a slight sigh though. You all waited as Eugene took the call and finished it. "That's dad. I have to go to the store, something's up with Hamuel again."

"That darn bird." Varian said, with a tired look in his eyes. Cassandra was already packing away her bass guitar. Rapunzel put her phone away in her pink Kånken and Lance was already adjusting the collar of his jacket.

"I guess that's it for today." You said, you also took your bag off the stage and you looked at Rapunzel and Cassandra. They seemed like they were already planning something. They spoke to Lance, Varian, and You.

"We were actually going to head over to Cassandra's house." Rapunzel said, adjusting the one strap of her Kånken that was actually over her shoulder. "It could be good building of team chemistry if you guys decide to show." Rapunzel curled a strand of her blonde hair back. Looking over at the other two, they didn't seem to come to a decision themselves.

"I'm in. Sounds like fun." You said, you quickly dropped a message to your parents. They didn't reply, but you knew they would soon. You spent so much time with the band that you barely saw them anymore, or your homework for that matter.

"Great!" Rapunzel smiled. She walked out the door, following Cass.

"I'm also in." Varian said. Giving you a wink that made you want to scream or cry, or both internally. You held in your feeling and gave him a mocking smile back.