A Step Forward

"Tomura," y/n lightly called out in a sweet tone. The villain had his back turned towards her. She could hear the faint tapping coming from his direction stop as soon as she said his name before continuing again. Taking a peek over his shoulder, she saw the little screen lit up in his hands. She rested her chin on the side of his head and watched him play.

She lightly ran her nails along his neck, being extra cautious not to add to his already damaged skin. Y/n's attention shifted from the game, and she instead watched Tomura chew on his bottom lip. She smiled, noticing Tomura had stopped biting at himself as soon as she moved her hand elsewhere.

Y/n fumbled with the hem of his shirt as she watched his game. Although she was looking at it, y/n wasn't paying attention to the little screen. Instead, she was more focused on the feeling of Tomura's hair tickling her cheek, and his skin under her fingertips as she played with his shirt.

Y/n found herself slipping in and out of consciousness. Tomura's hatred for going outside had its pros and cons. Y/n hated trying to drag him outside, but at the same time, she loved that she could stay by him all day without worrying that she's disrupting any of his plans. As long as she wasn't blocking his view of the little screen, Tomura was perfectly content.

A small chime from the nightstand filled the room. Y/n forced herself up and retrieved her phone. She looked at the text hovering at the bottom of the screen before disappearing. My sources got back to me.

Y/n considered putting the phone away and ignoring it. After convincing herself that she had other reasons to visit Giran, y/n dragged herself to the edge of the bed. Y/n caught a glimpse of Tomura taking a peek at her from over his shoulder. The look in his eye seemed like he was asking if she was leaving.

"It probably won't take long," y/n replied reluctantly, much preferring to stay in bed. "I need to make an order anyway." She was about to go into detail about her order, wanting Tomura's opinion; however, before y/n had a chance, she saw the villain turn back to his game. 

Y/n entered her closet and turned on a light, shutting the door behind her. In the privacy of the closet, she got dressed into something else. "Do you want me to bring you home anything?" y/n asked as she exited the closet.

Tomura was silent for a moment. "No," he replied, still looking down at his game. Y/n crawled onto the bed and kissed the villain on the cheek, promising that she'll come back soon.

"Here ya go," Giran said with a smug smile. He handed y/n a small envelope. Y/n sat down and opened it. Inside, there was a single sheet of paper. She pulled it out and read it over.

"Have you read this? That's all they got?" y/n asked. She looked up from the paper and over to Giran. "It's been a week."

"He's under protective services so people like you can't find them." Giran heavily emphasized you to the point where it sounded strange coming from him. He shrugged and leaned in his chair. "Besides, something is better than nothing right? This gives ya a start, I'm sure something will come up."

Deciding that the older villain was right, y/n took the paper and folded it up. "I'll see what I can do with this." She thanked Giran as she took one of the order forms off his desk. She scribbled something down and slid the paper towards the villain.

Giran took a look at the form. "Interestin', might I ask why?"

Y/n looked down at the paper in GIran's hand. The order form was for more smoke bombs, modified to have a larger fog radius. "I feel like it might be useful." Giran warned y/n that those bombs couldn't be as compact as her normal ones. Y/n agreed to his terms and exited the office.