Public

There was the scraping sound of a chair being pushed back harshly.

There was a silence as everyone stared at Joanne who was slowly turning blue.

Just as everyone thought she would pass out, Joanne let out a loud screech. No discernible words. Just a screech.

"Uh...thank you?" Tina said in a perplex tone.

"YOU'RE ENGAGED!!!!!!!" Joanne rushed over to hug the relived couple.

"Congratulations!" Leta smiled. "I would hug you both, but I am incredibly pregnant."

"Your congratulations are enough, Leta. Thank you," Newt replied humbly.

"When? Where?" Theseus conjured up a quill & multiple pieces of parchment.

"You're still doing that? And why is there so much parchment?" Newt scanned the flurry of paper.

"These are all the notes I took about your relationship. Mother's orders. Can you answer my question?"

"Well, we got engaged 3 months ago. At the docks where we first fell in love," Tina replied with a lovestruck look on her face.

Theseus nodded & started to write very quickly.

"Well-wishings, my dears. You two will be very happy together," William smiled affectionately.

"Does Queenie know?" Joanne picked her chair up & set it right-side-up again before sitting back down.

"Queenie knew before I knew," Tina answered.

"And she was very excited for us," Newt squeezed her hand.

"Do you have any plans?" Leta asked.

"We only have a date," Tina turned to Newt.

"The 6th of December," Newt finished.

"Might I ask why?" Theseus scanned his notes from the past 3 years.

"That's the day we met."

"Oh, that's just so perfect! I'm so happy for you two!!!" Joanne wiped away a tear.

"I'm glad we have your blessings," Tina smiled gratefully.

The conversation continued well into the night.

--------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Scamander,

It has come to our attention that you have returned to England.

We are aware that your book was released 2 years ago, but it's selling incredibly well, so we would like you to do a book signing at Noell's Novels at midday, on the 24th of August.

You may bring 2 accomplices.

Sincerely,

Noell Nira, the owner of Noell's Novels in Diagon Alley.

Newt sighed as he read the letter.

"Tina, could you come in here please?"

The brunette appeared at the door.

"Yes?"

"Do you think it's time we told the public about our engagement?"

--------------------------------------------

"Hello, Mr Scamander! I'm Noell Nira," a middle-aged woman with dirty blonde hair & an Irish accent greeted them at the door.

"Hello, Ms Nira. This is Bunty, my assistant," Newt gestured to the ginger. "And this is Tina, my..."