Failing a Class??

So my sister Lindsey (21, BYU Idaho, Junior in college) was all stressed and whatever about her psychology class. She had been turning things in early and adding "extra" stuff to her work. She was frustrated because she has never gotten anything lower than a B. This was my advice... that she didn't understand. She thought I was saying to CHANGE her entire major... no.

Ok after internalizing your issue, here is my conclusion. Look into Social Work. You already are taking psychology and maybe sociology? Try to take social work classes which will teach you how to help people because you want to be a nurse. I think you're struggling right now because psychology is great if you want to do research or teach. But since you said you want to help people- maybeee I would encourage you to look into social work.
Social work is a very diverse field. People often think of like a child welfare system when they hear about social work which is typically inaccurate. Some social workers do work in child welfare but actually many people working in child welfare have a different degree. Social workers work in nursing homes, in schools, in group homes, as policy makers, in businesses, and with a masters they often do therapy. With a social work degree you can pretty much work with any age group and any problem.
When you become stressed out over something you kind of tend to obsess over your mistakes, withdraw from people, criticize yourself and others, and lash out at people. You kind of become obsessed with analyzing irrelevant data to find some reason or core cause for your stress. You seem completely unlike yourself to people who know you, and it's not only confusing for bystanders but for your own self who feels overwhelmed and lost in this uncharacteristic state. This is all going to cause you to be unable to access your normal "big picture" perspective which then completely diminished in its effectiveness. You also often disassociate yourself from the situation in an effort to protect your sense of well-being and togetherness. You sometimes also repress the unpleasant side of life for so long, that it gradually intensifies until you explode with emotion and/or charged anger. This is just my obervationnn but...
I think what's more stressing you out is not really the "grade" in your class but more the fact that your teacher seems to not like you and is criticizing work that you put hours into. You get your sense of self-worth and your self-esteem from an external source, like from other people. You feel productive when you are able to make everyone around you happy, and feel fulfilled by your compassion and deep connections with other people. Although you have great aptitude for influencing others, it's never possible to completely control other people, so this is an inherently fragile situation. Your self-confidence will be shaken when you're not able to help people, or if your attempts at help are criticized and rejected.
You are a person who is driven by a deep sense of altruism and empathy for other people. You have an intuitive sense of the emotions of others, and often act as an emotional barometer for the people around you. Howeverrrr, your compassion not reserved for the people close to you (like your teacher). Ik you like close, supportive connections with others, and believe that cooperation is the best way to get things done. You like to be liked and are very sensitive to feedback, both positive and negative. You can be a bit
of a perfectionist so you expect the best not just from yourself, but from others as well, and may find yourself disappointed when others are not as genuine in their intentions as you are.
You have a gift of expression, but may use it in speaking to audiences rather than in writing. School you have always done well but I know you would much rather talk to others about new information or have debates or in some other way interact with new information than just sit and try to absorb it. This can cause a problem for you in normal learning environments (like psychology) where you have to sit and listen. You need to be given lots of chances to interact with new knowledge if you are going to understand it, and if you are going to learn to enjoy the learning experience.
You said you keep adding things that your teacher doesn't like?? Chances are it is not that she doesn't, but because you are trying so hard to where you are coming off as superficial. You focus on making others happy and obeying social norms, which can cause you to step over your own internal boundaries and do things you normally wouldn't if you feel pressured to do so. This kind of susceptibility to peer pressure or expectations of your professors criticism can lead to a range of negative and even damaging behaviors.
I would say you often find yourself too focused on others and are unable to feel or express your other needs or interests. This in fact is actually going to cause you go lose yourself in the push to make others happy, and this is something I would say you need to work on for the benefit of every part of your life.
Sometimes less is more. Don't add extra stuff because you think it's going to impress her. Don't give an extra fact about psychology from a textbook, but add in a personal experience. She doesn't want to read your work that she can find on her own research. Make psychology not about a class, but make it personal.

In any situation in life, information is power. She is a professor. She use the Google just as well as I your or I can. Seek yourself. Give her information she does NOT know.
The essence of humanity can be condensed in four words: greed, lechery, stupidity and laziness.
Figuratively- she doesn't care which religion is right or true or whatever. She cares which is most constructive and useful. Nature works on analogies. Different stuff, same equations.
Happy is the human who can apply theory into practice and also deduce new theory from practice.
The truth value of an argument does not depend on its pleasantness. The truth value of an argument also does not depend on who is presenting it. The main weapon of a military engineer is his or her brain. If he or she has to revert to the assault rifle, he or she has failed.
Never fight fair. Use abatis, mines, traps and ambushes whenever possible.