Long Distance Relationships

Tristin: There's a solution. But it has to wait. I'm in a long distance relationship. She's in Wisconsin and everything is getting progressively worse for her out there. I was on the phone with her and it was the most pain I've ever seen her in. And it broke my heart. She kept saying shit about how nobody can love her and everyone hates her and from what she tells me, that's how it seems. And I hate it. I just want her to be with me, safe. But she's still 17 until January. It's just been destroying me

Me: Give me some time to think. I'll get back to you.
Do you love her or do you love the idea of her?
Do you have faith in the future? Or do you have faith that the future will be like past memories?

Tristin: I want to be with her everyday for the rest of my life

Me: Why
Long distance relationships are a mix of excitement, longing, frustration, and complexity. The beauty of a long-distance relationship is that you value your partner and your time with them. Because your time spent with your partner is limited, it makes it both invaluable and meaningful. As a result, when you are in a long-distance relationship, you forge a strong emotional bond with one another.
You're warm and fuzzy and smart too. It makes you quite attractive to others. You enjoy learning, and you are a natural teacher to others. You see things clearly from the other person's perspective. It's a good trait to have, but often can leave you being overly sympathetic to someone else's needs versus your own. When you meet a person who is worthy of you, you'll know it because they will be vested in your needs too. It will be the person who mirrors many of the traits you have given to others which is now reciprocated to you. You know the old saying, "There is more happiness in giving than receiving."? You have that one down. But, there can also be happiness in receiving too. Don't be afraid to put out your needs in your relationship... And when those needs are met, it's ok to accept them and be happy in the process. Your needs matter too.
It's important to make sure you let your partner know when you are feeling a little burned out with giving and allow her to step in and help ease you through these moments when you find yourself wallowing in despair. It will help you learn the importance of being nourished as well as being the nourisher in your relationship.
Do you think when you realize you're apart for so long, that you start to lose a sense of longing? Emotionally you start to feel... normal, but logically you know you miss her.
I think it's a coping mechanism though and everyone could be different. Your bond to her others is so strong towards people. If the one you love most is far away, maybe trying not to feel your feelings so much a way of shutting down the emotional overload? All speculation here...

Tristin: I caught it
It's tough

Me: Caught what

Tristin: What you said

Me: What are you thinking

Tristin: This is why I don't do long distance

Me: For what exact reasons

Tristin: I'm too emotionally invested