Chapter 16 - Caged

Suddenly I woke up feeling drained and with a sense of dizziness. I also felt very uncomfortable for some reason. When my eyes fully opened I realised that I was surrounded by bamboo canes? Wait a second...

So he finally did it. He finally had enough and put me in a cage. He always had threatened to but he never had before.......until now that is.

I was swinging high in the tree tops. It felt so unsafe. At any moment I swear that the ropes to my cage would snap and I would come crashing down to the ground.

As I was looking around, I realised that there was another cage next to mine. I wonder if anyone if in there and if we can help each other escape.

"Hello?", I called out but there was no response.

"Is there anyone there?", I asked but still no response. They're either asleep or there is no one in there and I'm making a complete fool of myself. Wait, what am I talking about there's no one else here. I sigh and slam my back on the cage that I'm restricted in out of frustration.

"Hello?", a boys voice calls back. Out of astonishment I sit up in my cage and look out as best as possible to the cage next to me where the voice came from.

"Who are you?", the boys voice says timidity, he sounds a bit younger then me.

"I'm Alice, who are you?", I ask.

"My name is baelfire", he says in a shaken voice, he is clearly very shy and scared, I mean who wouldn't be, he's in a cage and Pan is scary, even if I don't admit it to his face. I don't want him to know I'm weak or give him the satisfaction of knowing he can actually scare me.

"Are you a lost boy, I don't think I've ever met you before?", I pondered slightly.

"No, I'm not", he says shyly.

"Then, what are you doing here?", I questioned.

"I came here so a family I love could live. When I arrived, I was taken in by a pirate who betrayed me and then captured by Pan because of it, next thing I know I'm in a cage", he explains.

Pirate? I wondered in my head. "Captain Hook?", I ask.

"Yes, how did you know?", he asks in shock.

"I've heard of him before, so your saying he's not to be trusted?", I ask.

"Definitely not", Baelfire confirms.

I then bow my head slightly, I thought we could have worked together and find a way off this island. But maybe his hatred for Pan is just enough.

I can still try to find Tinker Bell on the island though, Tiger Lily said she lived in a tree house, so it shouldn't be hard to find. If only I could get out of this cage.

"We need to get out of here", I said to baelfire with a sense of urgency.

"How?", he questioned.

"Got anything sharp on hand by any chance?", I asked half sarcastically.

"No", he simply replies.

Without anything to use, we can't cut ourselves free. Maybe there's another way to break through these bamboo bars? There isn't a tree close enough so that I can bash my cage against it. So what?

I've got it.

"This is going to sound crazy but I need you to swing your cage from side to side, so it collides with mine", I explain.

"What? Why? What will that do?", he asks.

"If we get enough force, it should be enough to break them", I reveal.

"That's crazy", he states.

"Which is exactly why it will work", I smile.

"I don't know...", he trails off.

"We'll do you have any other ideas?", I ask him and he shakes his head in response.

"Then do it", I demand.

He obeys me and starts to swing his cage into motion as I do the same. Soon enough, they begin to collide and both of our cages fall to the ground, breaking in the process.

I then immediately get off the floor after we hit the ground. That's definitely going to leave a bruise or two. I look up at Baelfire who begins to stand also, looking slightly shocked it actually worked.

"You did it", he exclaims.

"Well, we did it", I respond.

"What now?", he asks.

"Well I guess you could come with me. I'm trying to find a way of the island, you can help", I explain.

"How do I know I can trust you?", he questions.

I thought helping him escape that cage would be enough trust needed but I get why he's sceptical, epically after Hook betrayed him. It's getting harder to trust people nowadays. You've always got to look out for yourself.

"Look, I've had hell on this island and I want nothing more then to escape, I would never leave someone who was in the same situation as me behind. I know what it's like to be abandoned and betrayed, I won't put you through that. I guess your going to have to just have faith that you can trust me", I say.

There is silence for several seconds before Baelfire looks into my eyes again and nods his head, confirming that he is putting his faith in me.

"So what's the next step?", he questions.

"Now, we find tinker bell, she will be able to help us get the hell off this island", I say.

Baelfire says nothing but simply nods and smiles.

A.N: Let me know your opinions on the story and any ideas that you have. There will be regular updates, so stay around if you like the story so far. Vote if you really enjoy the story it will be very much appreciated.

Stay safe and well everyone ❤️

Thanks for reading :)

Written - 25.12.19 (Merry Christmas🎄)

~A.M