Chapter 58 - Nasty Habits

I carried on walking, almost sprinting really. I needed to get away from this, to find Emma now, otherwise I'm going to go insane.

I needed my magic back, to get this cuff off. If I wasn't so wrapped up in the fact that James doesn't remember who I am, I would have asked him to take it off. That would have been useful.

It hasn't been long since I saw him but it's felt like hours with all the thoughts that have been racing around my mind.

I try to calm them, but it's hard when there is no one you can speak to it about. Despite this, I have to continue to walk even if I want to breakdown. I have to stay stron-

Suddenly, a loud whizzing sound rings in my ear, interrupting my thoughts, and passes by me as an arrow makes its way into the tree right in front of me, almost hitting my head.

What. The. Fuck.

Someone just shot an arrow at me. What stupid asshole would have done that? I aggressively pull the arrow out of the tree and throw it to the ground in disgust.

I turn around to face the shooter and immediately gain the answer to my question as James stands about twenty feet in front of me, lowering his bow and arrow slightly.

Well, that's a nasty surprise.

"What the hell?", I yell.

"I needed to get your attention", he claims and shrugs, like he didn't just almost kill me.

"And a simple shout wouldn't have done?", I ask in anger.

"Well last time I did that you just carried on walking", he states as he puts his bow and arrow away.

"And trying to kill me won't?", I scoff.

"I got your attention, didn't I?", he says with a grin and starts to walk towards me.

This guy was such an arrogant ass compared to James. Well, the real James that is. This wasn't the same person. He was more of a lost boy type. Doing what he wants to get what he wants.

You know, arrogant and selfish - like Pan. I guess that can happen to someone when they don't truly know who they are.

Also, not to mention shooting at me just to get my attention. No my James was sweet, innocent and kind.

At least he was when he was around me but I couldn't forget his lost boy origins and what he was like when I found him after arriving in Neverland for a second time.

"Briefly", I smile sarcastically, turning around and beginning to walk again.

But, unfortunately, he had already walked over and caught up to me, grabbing my wrist roughly. God, what is with these boys and their manhandling?

"No, not this time", he growls.

"What do you want?", I groan.

"Answers", he states.

"What answers?", I ask.

I already knew.

"How do you know me if I don't remember you?", he questions.

"I don't", I insist.

I needed a better plan than this. Simply denying would be no good, especially since the interaction we had before made it abundantly clear that I did.

"Tell me the truth", he demands.

"You're delusional", I claim.

"Please", he pleads.

What?

Did he just say please? I mean it didn't change my mind about telling him but lost boys don't say please. He was desperate to know, I could see it in his eyes.