Chapter 36 - Return To Neverland

Alice's P.O.V:

I woke up the next day feeling exhausted from the lack of sleep I had the night before. I was definitely not prepared to get up and going right now.

Before I can even get a chance to try and get back to sleep, Jack bursts open the door, making me jump out of my skin. He clearly got more sleep then I did.

"Happy birthday!", he shouts. As I look down at his hands, I see a plate with a relatively big birthday cake on it. It has two candles, with the number '18' on top of it.

"Really? That's a bit exsentric, don't you think?", I laugh. The cake is way too big for us to eat in one day, maybe even a week.

"Of course not. It's your eighteenth birthday, you're officially an adult now", he remarks.

"I don't feel like an adult though", I respond.

"Look I know your childhood hasn't been the best so maybe your adulthood will be better", he reassures me and I give him a weak smile in response.

"Now come on, blow them out", he encourages me, changing the subject. I smile at him and blow them out.

"Get dressed then, I want to give you the best eighteenth I possibly can", he says, leaving the room as I begin to get dressed for the day.

I wasn't a big fan of celebrating my birthday. I mean I never really had a real birthday. In the orphanage the only celebration I had would be doing something with Eric and Jacob that always got us into trouble.

And in Neverland, time stood still so there were no dates. All I know is that I'm much older then eighteen, even though I don't look like it. I don't know how much time I spent there but it must have been a long time.

I spent so long in Neverland that time passed here quite quickly and I've had to adjust to the modern era that is completely different from what my world was like.

I still feel like I don't belong in this world though even though it's suppose to be my 'home'. I have Jack, Madi and Kyle as well but it just doesn't feel right at all.

As soon as I'm dressed I go out of my room and head to the kitchen where Jack is waiting for me with the cake sliced into pieces in front of him.

"Bet you didn't have a lot of cake on Neverland huh", he smirked.

"Definitely not", I chuckled.

The door opens to reveal Madi and Kyle coming through it. Madi instantly squeals and wraps her hands around my neck as she pulls me in for a hug and wishes me a happy birthday.

"Hope you saved us a piece then", she smiles at me, pulling away from the hug and looking at the table towards the cake.

"Of course", I smile back.

"Happy birthday", Kyle speaks up, smiling too.

I thank him and they both sit down at the table to eat and Madi gives me a bag full of presents from both her and Kyle as Jack gives me one too.

We eventually leave the apartment and spent the whole day doing fun activities that mainly Madi has planned for me, since she kind of knows what I like best out of all of them.