Chapter 29 - Manhunt

A few weeks had past since Jack and Amy arrived in Neverland. After the promise Jack made I explained everything to him about Pans manipulative ways and how he is not to be trusted.

I explain how we can't just speak out against Pan because there will be consequences. We've fled about getting off the island and that if they don't suspect anything then we'll be able to get away with it.

He also told me how close him and Amy were before they arrived. She now spends the majority of her time with Pan.

He also told me how they grew up together in Boston and how the shadow came for them. It didn't make sense of the shadow came for them both as it should only take boys, shouldn't it? Unless Pan planned it. It was never clear which one of them it was meant to bring but I don't think it was both of them.

Over the weeks, I've spent nearly all my time with Jack. Which also meant him spending time with Hunter, Frypan and Minho as well.

Of course we never had conversations in front of them about Pan, we just acted like everything was normal, I didn't want them to think I was going crazy and spreading more 'accusations' about Pan.

It's not like Pan noticed that I was telling him anything and that Jack's loyalty was an act. He was to busy entering the new girl to notice.

Amy had fallen for his charm and had been manipulated by Pan just like so many others. Me and Jack tried to help her but of course it didn't work.

I felt bad for Jack, he told me he'd known her almost his whole life. It reminded me of my friendship with Jacob.

He tried to help her but we both knew it was too late. He couldn't stand to sit by whilst she was in danger but there was nothing he could do.

I had discussed the plans I had made with Hook and promised he and Amy could come to, even though I was sure she wouldn't come, but he was determined to convince her. I know he doesn't want to leave her behind but she won't come and I think he secretly knows that.

I told him that as soon as I could see Tinkerbell, we would make plans to leave, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I told him that I'd try when the next game happens.

At this moment in time, me and Jack were sitting on a log in the camp. The others sharping some spears with their daggers. We were looking over at Pan who was practically glued to Amy. It was clear she liked him a lot.

"She's completely fallen for him", Jack says out of the blue.

"I can't say I didn't see this coming from day one", I respond.

"It's all my fault", he says.

"You can't blame yourself, you did all that you could", I reassure him.

"I don't know", he sighs.

"I know you like her, but you can't hold yourself responsible", I say truthfully. It was very clear from the moment they arrived that Jack liked her a lot and so don't think she could see that. He put his head down in disappointment.

"I just don't understand how they can be so loyal to him", he said, referring to the lost boys. It was clear he was trying to change the subject.

"Pan saved them from a bad life, I understand why they are loyal to him. I guess that's why we're not. He didn't save us, he made our lives worse", I explain.

"I don't want to be one of them. I don't understand why I'm here, I never never wanted to be here. I never felt lost", he says, in frustration.

"Maybe she did", I paused.