Chapter 25 - The Jolly Roger

I woke up to my head hurting and I feeling tired and dizzy. I felt the ground beneath, where I was laying, was moving?

Then I had remembered what had happened in the woods with the pirates. I must have been on their ship. I looked around me to see I was in in a closed room below deck.

I ran to the door and tried to open it. Not to my surprise, it was locked and I was trapped in here. They must be keeping me here for leverage or revenge on Pan.

As soon as I came to the conclusion they had made a mistake, I banged on the door that was locked.
"Hello, let me out of here", I shouted.

To my surprise, almost instantly someone came to the door and unlocked. A man with brown hair, blue eyes and dressed in leather stepped in. I noticed he had a hook on one arm. That might explain his name.

"Ah, I see your awake", he chuckled. I stepped back from him slowly.

"Are you Captain Hook?", I asked, without hesitation.

"The one and only", he smirked, throwing his hands in the air.

"......the real question is, who are you?", he asked, inching closer towards me.

I had noticed that he had similar mannerisms to Pan, with the way he moved his eyebrows and had a signature smirk about him. However, he did not seem as ruthless and harsh as Pan.

"My names Alice Blake. I know why you brought me here but I'm not who you think I am", I explained, as he raised his eyebrows in curiosity. He gave me a look to carry on.

"He took me away from my home, brought me to this island and won't let me leave. I'm trapped here. I hate his guts", I continued.

"My apologies, looks like we have something in common after all", he said, gesturing me to go out the room.

"You believe me?", I questioned curiously, in disbelief.

"I know hatred for Pan when I see it", he says as I exit the room into what I presume is his office of some sort and gestures for me to sit down, which I do, as he sits down on the other side of the desk.

"He's still going to come for you, you know", the pirate said, out of the blue.

"You think so? Wouldn't he rather leave me to get killed by pirates?", I asked.

"I know Pan, he hates it when I take things that he wants. So this will piss him off", he chuckles. It was basically a battle of back and forth for the both of them, from what I could gather.

I quickly changed the subject, remembering what I wanted, "I actually wanted to find you. I know you are looking for a way of this island, and so am I. I thought we could help each other".

"You want to work together?", he asked, looking at me curiously.

"Well I need your ship and you need me at that camp, you know as an insider. The only way we are getting out of here is if we work together", I explained.

He nodded at my suggestion. "So what's your plan", he questioned. At this point I stood up from my chair and walked around to think.

"I know Peter Pan has many magic beans in his possession. We just need to obtain one. But we can't do that unless we have a way to keep Pan from stopping us. I know we can use poppy dust on the lost boys, but what about him", I say.

"Well if we can't kill him, we need a way to temporarily stop him", he suggested.

"Exactly. Is there a way to block his magic or something?", I asked.

"If there is, then Tinker bell would know but I think she doesn't want to get on Pan's bad side", he said.

"I found Tinker bell on the island and she told me to find you. She said if we find a way off the island, she is willing to help us. I will have limited access out of the camp after this, I'm presuming. But I will talk to Tinker bell again and if there is way, we will make a plan and she will find a way to tell you. Then I'm going to put my trust in you to do it", I explained.

"So Tinker bell is planning to leave the island as well?", he questions.

"She won't be able to stay if Pan knows that she helped us, but not just her. I made a promise to someone and I'm only going to make this deal if he can come with us", I said, referring to Baelfire.

"Who would this lucky person be then", he said enthusiastically.

"Baelfire", I said as his eyes widen, I knew something had happened between them but I was not leaving him behind just because they had a feud.

"I don't think that's a good idea-", he starts to disagree but I stop him firmly.

"Look, I know something happened between you two but you need to resolve it", I said sternly.

"I don't think he'll forgive me", he said with actual sorrow. It was clear that the captain cared for the boy.

"I'll drag him onto this ship if I really have too", I said sort of sarcastically.

"Fine. But if-", he says angrily but I cut him off yet again.

"Don't worry. He'll forgive you. I know I don't know what happened but I know he was hurt by what you did. And if someone is hurt by your actions, they care about you", I explained. This was true as I still cared about Mason and Jacob even though they had hurt me.

I had forgotten about what happened with Mason until now. I was not looking forward to going back, especially if Mason told Pan everything I said.

"He told me he hated me", he said with regret, pulling me from my thoughts. I did not expect this hidden emotion from a pirate, especially a captain.

"No, he just hates what you did but you can fix that, you just have to try", I said. He nodded slowly in response but I could tell that he still wasn't completely convinced by the idea.

"So.......do we have a deal?", I asked.

He extended his hand for me to shake it and I did. It seems silly putting my trust in a pirate I just met but we wanted the same thing and it was my last option.

"You've got a deal lassie", he said in a more enlightened tone then when he was speaking about Baelfire.

"When Pan comes we need to act like I'm actually captive, you know so he isn't suspicious", I remembered.

"Right, well we want it to look real so don't be surprised if I pull a sword out on you", he said with a smirk.

"Is that necessary?", I asked nervously.

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you", he chuckled.

"Fine, let's get ready for him then", I say.

A.N: Let me know your opinions on the story and any ideas that you have. There will be regular updates, so stay around if you like the story so far. Vote if you really enjoy the story it will be very much appreciated.

Stay safe and well everyone ❤️

Thanks for reading :)

Written - 08.05.20

~A.M