Chapter 44 - Apologies

His face still holds an unreadable expression, I can't tell if he is mad at me or not. I don't know what he will say when I talk to him but I think it's best to be gentle, given everything that's happened

"Look I know everything's confusing right now and I don't know even know if you want to speak to me but-", I begin to say but am cut off.

"I'm sorry", he blurts out.

"What?", I ask confusingly as I thought he may be mad at me, not apologetic.

"You we're right about everything, I did loose myself when I became a lost boy. I had this new found power that I never had before. For the first time in my life I could do whatever the hell I wanted and there were no consequences. And I guess I got carried away with myself", he explains.

"You don't need to apologise", I sigh, sitting down next to him.

"I shouldn't of shouted at you, it's not your fault. I was just so angry at everything and everyone that I guess I needed someone to pin it on", I continued.

"It's okay, I understand and it doesn't change anything. You can trust me, I promise", he reassures and I smile at him in response.

"But if I'm going to trust you from now on, I need you to tell me the truth about everything. Who are you Alice Blake?", he asks.

"I don't even know if know the answer to that myself anymore. I wanted to be Liv so badly, somebody else but I realise that no matter what I do, I can't escape my past", I respond.

"Then tell me, tell me everything", he insists.

"I spent my entire life in an orphanage, not knowing who my parents are and where I came from, the only thing I had to keep me going we're my friends", I explain.

"Eric?", he questions me and I nod my head.

"Yes, he was one of them. One night, my other friend Jacob, we heard the sound of Pans pipes and he followed them, so I followed him. It was the biggest mistake of my life, I should of stopped him but the music was too enticing me in", I stated.

"Jacob, is he the one that Eric-", he began to trail off, I'm guessing he didn't want to say the words directly. I nod at him in response.

"Next thing I know I'm in Neverland and I'm Pans new chew toy. Ever since then, I tried my best to escape and I ended up succeeding as I'm sure you know. As soon as I did, I went to the enchanted forest and I met this kind and caring boy", I explained, talking about him.

When he figured out that he was the 'boy' I was talking about he lifted his head up to look at me with a saddened expression.

"I thought I could get a fresh start but Pan was close to finding me so I had to leave. I really didn't want to leave but I had to, I really liked you", I continued.

"Then why did you leave without saying goodbye", he sighed.

"I couldn't do it. I couldn't face the fact that I had something good in my life and I was leaving it behind. I thought it would be easier on the both of us  if I just left. So I went back to the mainland for a couple of years until the shadow found me, I don't know how but it did. Then I was brought back to Neverland and well you know the rest", I explained.

"Why didn't you tell me before?", he asks.

"I don't know, I think deep down I was scared of what you would think of me. I didn't wanna ruin things with my sob story, I wanted a new beginning", I noted.

"You know now that you can tell me anything right? You're not keeping anything else from me, are you?", he questions.

I think about my new found magic and how I can't tell him about it because of Pan's orders. Maybe I will in the future but I can't right now, at least not untill I have it under control.