Chapter 2 - Taken

All of a sudden, my eyes shot open and I'm awake. Dizzy and confused, I try to remember what happened last but my mind is not fully woke yet.

As my vision fully comes to, I proceed to look around me to find myself on a cot in the middle of a tent and I don't recognize it. What the hell am I doing here?

But then it hit me. The boys; the fire; the pipe and most importantly, Peter Pan. Last thing I remember was him waving his hand and me falling to the ground.

He had displayed magic to me but I didn't believe it. It couldn't have been possible, could it? Not knowing made me uneasy.

I was truly terrified, more scared than I'd ever been. Never before had I wanted to be back in that orphanage so bad.

This wasn't good. I had no idea what he was going to do to me and I certainly didn't want to stick around to find out.

I had to get out of here now.

I silently stood up and crept to the entrance of the tent. I carefully looked through, making sure to be able to see out of it but not let anyone see me.

To my confusion, a camp is revealed, filled with dozens of boys aged from around twelve to eighteen. They were all messing around with weapons and throwing things.

To my surprise and joy, they all had their backs turned and no one was looking in my direction. This could be my only chance to get out of this situation.

If I'm quick enough, I can go and find the authorities. So I took the opportunity to sneak out of the tent as silently as possible. And as soon as I got around the corner and out of sight, I ran.

I dashed as fast as I could, constantly looking behind me in fear of someone seeing me leave the camp. I wanted to get as far away as possible so they couldn't find me and then I could find help.

Then my whole body came to a halting stop. Too focused on my alarming thoughts, I had not immediately realized that I had just bumped into something.

I reluctantly lifted my head and gasp in horror and surprise. It was Peter Pan, giving me that same malicious smirk he gave me earlier. Instead, this time he was in a dark green outfit.

Shock suspended me for moments until my adrenaline kicked in. I backed up and attempted to run from him but he quickly grabbed my arm tightly, yanking me back and pulling me close to him.

"Where do you think you're going?", he says with pleasure as he caught me.

I was too lost for words to reply to him straight away but before I even could, a sudden flash happened around the both of us.

Swiftly, I was returned to the same tent I had been in just a few moments ago but this time, I was with Peter Pan.

How was it possible to get here so fast?

"You really do have magic?", I half question him, completely in shock.

He just looks at me with amusement at my disbelief, arching one brow at me and chuckling darkly. As I try to process his very real magical abilities, I realize the severity of the situation I'm in and begin to panic again.

"Where am I? Where did you take me?", I ask, confused by the miles of woods around us. This is most definitely not my city or anywhere near it.

"Welcome to Neverland", he reveals, throwing up his arms like it was an honor to be here.

"Neverland? What the hell is that? Why am I surrounded by only forest?", I ask.

"I understand that you must be confused. This island is nothing like where you're from", he grins.