Chapter 46 - Hostage Situation

Peter Pans P.O.V:

I can't believe I had finally gotten Alice to reveal her powers. I should have just threatened her with dreamshade right from the start, instead of wasting my time doing it the hard way.

I'm not sure how her powers are going to benefit me yet. Maybe if I get her to trust me enough, she will be on my side and I can use her magic against my enemies. Or maybe there is a way of taking her magic for myself.

It's true that when I saw her being attacked by Alex, that I wanted her to be able to protect herself with her magic but come on, I'm not just doing this because of that. I need to benefit from it.

I was serious about poisoning her with dreamshade. If she ended up not pushing herself and using magic, then that's not my problem. She would have suffered the consequences for that and it would be her fault.

I loved seeing her reaction after she knocked me down. I honestly just wanted to see what she'd do. I couldn't contain myself for long though, I had to open my eyes to see the worry on her face.

She was actually worried about me and I loved it. It gave me a sense of control over her emotions. She didn't want to hurt me and that gave me more power over her, it made her weak.

However, I don't have any weaknesses, which gave me the advantage. As long as I feel nothing for anyone, I'll be strong and as long as I'm stronger then my enemies, I can defeat them easily.

But then why couldn't I just kill this girl? I couldn't kill her before she had magic and even if I obtained her magic now and had no other use for her, I still couldn't do it. Something deep inside me is telling me I shouldn't and it's annoying the hell out of me.

Speaking of things that are annoying me, Alice has been gone for fifthteen minutes, not five like she said she would be. That girl is so frustrating. Now I'm going to have to find her and tell her to come back.

I teleport myself to the woods, next to where we were practicing magic, to find her. I look around me and I can't see her anywhere. For gods sake where is she?

"Alice!", I yell in frustration but no answer.

"This isn't a game of hide and seek love", I shout again.

When I find that girl she's going to be in so much trouble. She's wasting so much on my time right now. She better have an amazing fucking excuse for this.

Suddenly, I notice marks on the ground as if there has been a scuffle. What the hell? I crouch to the ground to investigate, when I notice something silver and shiny hiding in the dirt.

I pull it out the soil and pick it up. I hold it out in front of me to see that it is a necklace with a compass on it. I immediately recognise it but I don't know where from.

It must be Alices, who else could it be? Alice wouldn't just leave her necklace in the dirt though. Someone must have taken her, it explains everything. But who?

Anger consumes me as I realise exactly who it was. Have I not already warned him of the consequences? I immediately teleport to camp and look around to find him and as soon as I spot him, I approach him with fury.

I roughly grab him by the neck and push him back onto a tree, so he is facing me. He looks shocked and confused but I am not fooled by his act. Did he think I wouldn't find out?

"Where is she?!", I growl, causing a commotion. I notice everyones attention is turned on us now.

"What are you talking ab-", Alex stutters with worry, which causes me to push him back harder and tighten my grip.