Chapter 21 - I Wish I Could Tell You The Truth

To my surprise, Pan kept me locked up for only a few days. I guess he got bored pretty quickly and needed someone to torture, to keep him going.

It's not like it made a difference though, I wasn't allowed to leave the camp and if I did I would be breaking the deal with Pan and I didn't think that was very wise.

I was sat in the camp l, just like I was most of the time with Minho, Mason, Hunter and Frypan. But it wasn't the same without Thomas there.

It was killing me that I was with the group most of the time and they didn't even know. Just sitting there pretending everything was fine was hard, but I think they could kinda tell something was off.

The camp seemed so small now that I'd explored every last inch of it as I had no where else to go, at all.

What was Pan planning on doing with me at this point. He's had his fun, so why am I not dead yet? It's not like I'm needed to him.

I couldn't stand to sit here anymore, whilst my thoughts were going wild. The lost boys were so loud and irritating with there annoying sounds and hollering. How do they have the energy?

I stood up and I decided to go and sit in the treehouse instead. It wasn't more interesting but Pan kept watching over me like a child and it was starting to annoy me.

"Where are you going?", Frypan asked me.

I put on my best face and said, "Sorry guys but I'm going to go up to the treehouse".

"But why, the night is so young", Minho interjected.

"I'm just really tired, I'll see you tomorrow", I said exiting the camp. All of them shared a worried look with each other, they obviously knew something was wrong.

It didn't take long before I was back in the treehouse. Pan has given me permission to go to and from the treehouse and the campsite otherwise when I want to.

If I didn't, I'd actually end up killing one of those lost boys. They try to antagonise me all the time apart from the group of course.

Whilst I was deep in thought I heard someone approaching the treehouse and climbing up the ladder. At first, I thought it was Pan but then Mason walked through the door.

"What are you doing here?", I said with a smile and a chuckle. He came and sat beside me as I was leaning against the wall.

"I thought you could use some company, you looked so unhappy at the camp", he explained. Mason had been a really great friend over the pass few weeks, just like the others. They were always looking out for me like Thomas did, even before his death.

"I was just bored", I lied.

"Yeah I guess Minho's story can get a bit repetitive", he joked, trying to lighten my mood. I smiled slightly in response.

"I guess it's not the same without Thomas around, you miss him don't you", he continues.

"A lot. But I'm glad I have you guys, I don't know what I'd do without you", I said softly, looking to his eyes as he smiled at me.

To my surprise, he leaned in and kissed me. In that moment, I was happier then I had been in weeks........since Thomas died.

"That shouldn't had happened", I say suddenly pulling away from Mason, realising what had happened to Thomas and not wanting to repay the same mistakes.

"Oh, I'm sorry I shouldn't hav...", he began to speak but I stopped him.

"No it's okay, it's just that.....well I-", I stuttered.

"You don't need to explain yourself, I get it", he says with sad eyes.

"You do?", I asked confused.

"Thomas", he said, needing no more explanation.

"No it's not that, I do like you", I said

"Then, what's wrong?", he asked sincerely, looking at me for a response. I didn't give one right away.

"You can tell me", he continued. I needed to think of a lye but I really didn't want to lie to him he was so honest and good. I couldn't risk Pan finding out but I didn't want to lose my friends either.

"I used to have a friend called Jacob, he's a lost boy now and I liked him. But he betrayed me and now we don't speak anymore and I'm just worried about losing people, you're one of the only people I have right now and I don't want to lose that or mess anything up", I explained, it's not like that wasn't true.

"It's okay, we can take our time", he reassured me, holding my hand. I forced a smile in response.

A.N: Let me know your opinions on the story and any ideas that you have. There will be regular updates, so stay around if you like the story so far. Vote if you really enjoy the story it will be very much appreciated.

Stay safe and well everyone ❤️

Thanks for reading :)

Written - 10.04.20

~A.M