Chapter 55 - Night Visitor

I think long and hard after our brief encounter with Pan, I think about what he ordered me to do and how I definitely wasn't going to do.

But then again, I wanted to. I knew how powerful he was and I didn't want them to get hurt but I wasn't going to let him just take Henry.

After we came back, Emma was finally able to reveal Henry's location on the map. Turns out she had to admit that she felt lost, due to the fact she felt abandoned by her parents.

I understood her. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. Then again, that's not the only thing I couldn't figure out.

Why didn't I know why Pan wanted Henry? I felt like I knew, but it was somehow blocked. Could that be Pans doing?

After the map revealed itself, we all collectively decided to get some rest before we carry on with our journey.

I needed the sleep, I was exhausted from the day. I had so many thoughts and feelings of anger and annoyance that needed to rest. It wasn't long before I was quickly drifting off to sleep, let's hope that Pan won't visit in the night again.

*****

I was nervously waiting for Peter to get back from his journey. He's been gone for days, it shouldn't take this long.

Gosh, I knew I should have gone with him, even though he insisted I shouldn't. I was ready to do anything to get information out of anyone, no matter the cost.

I needed reassurance that there was a way. We had been searching for years upon years. The stress was increasing with everyday.

Suddenly, the door of the treehouse slams open and in walks Peter. Finally, I was beginning to get inpatient. His face is full of mixed emotions, I can't tell what he has found out.

"So...?", I ask.

"I found a way", he announces.

"You did?", I say happily, running up to him and giving him the tightest hug.

I slowly release myself from him as I realise he is not as happy as I am. I look at his face, still clouded with mixed emotions. He's not saying something.

"What's wrong?", I question.

"I know what I need, but I don't know how to get it or where to get it from", he admits with annoyance.

"What? Did the seer not tell you?", I ask impatiently.

We had been trying to find a seer to tell us for years and when we finally did, he didn't get all the information? I knew I should have gone along.

"She told me I needed the heart of the truest believer and that once I had it, I would be completely immortal and even more powerful then before", he explains.

"And she didn't tell you who that belonged to?", I ask.

"All she said is that it belongs to a boy", he sighs.

"That's it?", I question as he nods at me.

"He could be anywhere. I don't even know if he's been born yet", he explains.