The Test

"Aren't we just going to our houses?" Karma asked as they grew nearer to the twos homes.

"Yeah, the test is at my house," Y/n replied, pulling her keys out of her pocket as they walked down her sidewalk. As they reached the door, she stopped and turned towards the red headed boy. "Stay right here until I say the okay. Watch me from the doorway," She said, pushing him so he was standing in front of one of the windows. She unlocked the door, and there was a gust of wind that blew Karmas hair astray

It took the boy a moment to realize what happened, but he noticed when he saw Y/n holding two knives that must have come flying at her upon the door opening. The once slightly cheerful and laid back Y/n now looked serious, and calmly walked into the house. Karma went to the doorway and watched as the girl elegantly flipped and turned, avoiding arrows, knives, and bullets that came soaring towards her.

Spikes shot up from the floor, darts and other things flew through the air, and before Karma could process what had happened, Y/n disappeared right as the walls in the hallway had closed.

He was unsure of what to do now that his acquaintance was out of sight. She said to stay until she said to come in, and part of him questioned why he was listening, but the other part of him was not sure if he would live if the trap went off again.

Yeah, he was cocky as hell, but not when he genuinely thought his life was on the line.

The walls started opening again and Y/n strolled through the house, starting to pick up darts and knives that littered the floor.

"You can come in now, just be careful to not step on anything. He walked in, but only stood beside the door as he watched her cleaning up.

"So... was that all set up just for today? That seems pretty stupid," He tried to cut the silence.

"Er, no. I didn't want to mention it, but I do something like that every day. Every time I get home, that trap goes off. They're alerted if it doesn't go off within fourty-eight hours," 

"Ah. Does that mean it's usually not as bad?" He asked. She simply hummed a yes as she continued picking up. "That must suck," There was a silence between the two as she continued cleaning, and he diced to help out

"The Karma Akabane being nice? How sweet~" She teased as she dumped her armful of weapons into a basket. Karma followed suit, and looked back to the then clean room. "You can go to your house now. You just wanted to see the test, right? You don't like me, so I don't assume you want to stay.

The boy wanted to say that she was right, but part of him wanted to stay. He wanted to learn what her life was actually like. After the night at the junk yard, he couldn't help but wonder what it was like living as her. She was stand-off-ish while at school, and didn't talk to people much, but also was not scared to talk to people. She was dangerous despite how she looked, and yet was so vulnerable when she got kidnapped. 'What is up with this girl?' He often caught himself asking. 

Karma shook his head, clearing his mind of these thoughts, and nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah, I'll get heading home..." He mumbled and started to walk to the front door. Once in the doorway, he stopped and looked over his shoulder. "But for the record,... You're not that bad. So don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate you anymore," He shut the door, leaving the girl confused and staring at the door.

=====

I have been meaning to update since the day I updated last, but I either haven't had the time, or my mental state was not up for it

Mentally, I've been pretty bad lately, and today is the first day that I both have time, and am content enough in the way I feel, to write

I should start updating better now