Chapter One

Yesterday

He can feel the heat from the candle on his 13th birthday when Baekhyun blew it with extreme force after closing his eyes to listen until the end of a joyous song everybody is singing. His breath was followed by a loud clapping hands that circulated the whole room and people smiling, their laughter was everywhere.

Who knew that such a promising day would end up with streaming tears and loud cries as the house was engulfed by a blazing fire.

Baekhun heared the sirens and the chaotic whispers from their neighbors as they stared at him with pity in their eyes and a news worthy gossip on their mouths.

He was sitting across the street while he watched their house burn down into ashes. All his hopes burned down together with their house and his unconcious parents still laying down inside.

A few more minutes passed and a loud creak from the roof threatened its way as it collapsed, crushing the living room beneath together with his aching heart.

When you're young, there is nothing you can do but cry when such tragedies happen to you. No room for regrets and self pity. You don't even think why this is all happening to you. Instead, you just sit there and keep the unending flow of tears coming, and your cries unnerving.

It was then when a man leaned by his side and carried him towards the ambulance where a group of medical volunteers treated his burns and bruises.

"It's okay." Said this man.

"My parents.. are they.. really still there?" Baekhyun hesitantly asked waiting for the inevitable answer that he already knew.

"How about we take care of your cuts first?" He said.

And that's how his life started to changed.

A few days after being released from the hospital, the man took him to his house. He said that his name is Mr. Park and he used to be his dad's business partner. They used to be really close when his dad is still working with him.

On their way to the endless road embraced by trees, he saw this big, elegant gate opened for their car to pass. Beautiful trees covered a narrow path that leads to a mansion at the end of the drive.

The car rounded up on a giant door behind the front yard fountain, and the driver rushed to open the door on the Mr. Park's side.

Baekhyun was hesitant to go out of the car because he knew once he stepped out on the ground of this beautiful house, there is no turning back. Mr. Park looked at him from the outside and gestured for him to join him.

He mustered up his courage and took a deep breath before stepping out from the sleeping car and onto this unfamiliar structure called their home.

First step, second step, it felt as if it is never ending to walk towards this man that saved his life. He walked from the car to his warm, welcoming smile.

He looked around from where he stand and to his surprise, he appreciated the unending trees and the big mansion sitting next to him with a door that hosted two boys who looked like they were about his age or maybe older than him by a year or two.

"These are my sons." Mr. Park said.

"This is Park Jisoo, my youngest." He held onto a boy whose smile is as wide as the patio they are standing at.

"And my eldest, Park Chanyeol." Pointing to a boy who does not seem as excited as the other sibling.

"They will be your brothers from now on. I already signed the papers for the adoption while you were at the hospital." Mr. Park said.