Chapter Thirty

"Damn, my head hurts." Chanyeol groaned as they walked to the dining room for breakfast.

"How much did you drink last night?" Lou Yin asked.

"I lost count."

"Young master, breakfast with your friends is ready. Your father said to give them his apologies that he can't join you because he had an urgent meeting." Ms. Nam said.

"On a Sunday?" Chanyeol asked.

"He said he would be playing golf with his business partners."

Chanyeol sat on his dad's chair. He felt different sitting in the middle when he usually sits beside him. His friends settled down along with Na Na who sat on his left.

"Sorry, I woke up late today. Please, enjoy the breakfast I prepared." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who started putting plates of food on the table with two other maids helping him.

"I prepared squeezed orange juice because I don't know what you like to drink. But we also have coffee and tea. Feel free to ask and I'll serve it."

He poured each glass with orange juice and Chanyeol kept glancing on him. Na Na's sitting on his left alone, so Baekhyun started pouring the juice in her glass. Skipping the seat beside her which is vacant for Jisoo, he poured the juice in Chanyeol's glass next before going to his right where the three boys are sitting in a straight line.

While throwing glances at Baekhyun, he noticed that his expression shifted while pouring the orange juice on Lucas' glass. He doesn't know why Baekhyun looked uncomfortable while pouring the orange juice beside him. His face looked pale and his body is stiff. A little tremble on his hands that's barely visible but Chanyeol noticed it.

Baekhyun was on his way back to the kitchen when Lucas called his attention. Chanyeol noticed that he was limping but tried hard to cover it. He sensed something unnatural but he couldn't put his finger to what it is. He looked back to his friends who started devouring the food Baekhyun prepared for them.

"I want coffee. But don't mix the sugar and cream yet. Do it here so I could guide you how much I need." Lucas said.

Baekhyun hesitantly nodded and went to the kitchen.

"Ya, Chanyeol." Joon Hyung called while he chew his food. "Why is you brother the one serving the food? Is it his hobby?"

"He's his step-brother. He's just earning his keep in this house." Na Na said.

"Just keep eating." Chanyeol said as he focused on his food.

Jisoo came to the dining room and looked at an empty seat beside Lucas.

"You're awake?" Chanyeol said. "These are my college friends, Lou Yin, Joon Hyung, and Lucas." He said as he points at each one of them.

"This is my brother, Park Jisoo."

The boys greeted him as Jisoo gave a slight bow back.

"Join us." Chanyeol said. "Ms. Nam, give Jisoo his breakfast."

"Yes, young master."

"Where's Baekhyun?" Jisoo asked.

"He went back to the kitchen." Chanyeol said.

"Ms. Nam, don't bother with my breakfast. I'll eat with Baekhyun." Jisoo said as he went out of the dining room.

"Is he really going to eat at the kitchen?" Na Na said.

"Guess he would." Chanyeol muttered.

"He could've just eaten his breakfast with us. I really don't get him."