Chapter Thirty Five

It is their third year in college and Chanyeol is going to take Baekhyun to his old apartment. Baekhyun said that he wanted to go back and live on his own again. It has been almost two years since he lived with Min Jae and his dad, his old apartment was rented to another student. With the money he saved from the part time job he had as a book keeper at the library, he wanted to relieve Min Jae's dad from the expenses he spent on him.

"Why do you have to go back there?" Chanyeol asked.

"Min Jae's dad has been very good to me. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve the living expenses that I save from living in their house."

"Come back home, then." Chanyeol suggested.

"That's not an option."

"Can't it be?" Chanyeol looked at him and pouted.

"Are you taking me to the apartment or am I going to leave you here?"

"Okay, okay. We'll get going."

Chanyeol put the keys on the car and twisted it, letting out the loud roar of the engine as the car came to life.

"What if the apartment has no more rooms available?" Chanyeol hopefully asked.

"Then I'll look for another building."

"What if there are no available apartments near the school?"

"Then I'll look for the nearest."

"What if-"

"What if I get out of the car and go to the apartment alone?" Baekhyun said.

"Alright, alright. No need to be all cranky."

"Park Chanyeol, I want to live on my own expense. I don't want to live from other people's money anymore."

"Okay, I get it."

The ambiance inside the car was silent, but not the awkward type they used to have. For more than a year of spending time with Baekhyun, from taking him to school and bringing home to Min Jae's house, he never thought he would be this closer to him.

"Baekhyun-ah, you'll be living in an apartment again, right?"

"Isn't it obvious yet?"

"That means.. I can come visit you, right?"

"In you dreams!" Baekhyun teased.

"Come on! It'd be lonely living alone, you know."

"It's not as lonely as you think. It's actually quite good to have a place of your own."

"So.. can I come over? Huh? Huh?"

"No!" Baekhyun laughed when Chanyeol started whining.

"But it's just a few blocks away from school. Can't I visit you?"

"I might not be home a lot. You know I work at the library after school. And I don't go home until ten in the evening."

"Then I'll wait for you everyday until you finish working."

"Are you crazy? You need to go home and study, you know."

"I'll study at the library."

"Snacks are not allowed there. And I know you can't study without eating your junk food."

"I can study without snacks!" Chanyeol defended.

"Let's put it this way." Baekhyun said. "If your grades improve this semester, I'll let you in my apartment. Is that a deal?"

"That's not fair! I haven't done much and the semester's almost over."

"Good luck then." Baekhyun laughed.