Chapter Thirty One

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun coming home late again that night. He saw him going to the kitchen when he went down from his room.

"Late again?" Chanyeol casually asked.

"I'm tired. Can we not do this tonight?"

"Do what?"

Baekhyun chugged the water from his glass and put it on the sink.

"Where were you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's eyes. "I'm tired. Can I go now?"

Chanyeol wanted to talk to him more but the look on Baekhyun's eyes say that he is drained for the day. With a heavy heart, he let him go.

Walking away from the kitchen, Baekhyun's limping again. By this time, he is curious if Baekhyun hurt his leg badly that he's limping from time to time.

He drank the water to moisten his dried throat and was about to go back to his room when he heard a loud noise coming from afar.

Chanyeol briskly walked towards the noise and when he reached the living room, he saw Baekhyun on the floor and Kim Na Na standing beside him.

"What's going on?" Chanyeol asked.

Kim Na Na ran towards Chanyeol, tears forced out from her eyes.

"Chanyeol.. this bitch is crazy." Na Na is close to tears as he hugged Chanyeol for comfort. "I was only telling him that he's been coming home late frequently and I'm just worried but he threw the vase right at me. I was so scared."

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol looked at him, confused.

"What's with all the noise? It's the middle of the night-" Mr. Park stopped walking to the living room and saw the vase shattered into pieces.

"Wh-what happened?!" Mr. Park yelled.

"Dad, Baekhyun threw the vase at me. He-"

Right before Na Na finished her sentence, Mr. Park ran towards Baekhyun and slapped him hard on the face.

"You bastard!" He punched him in the face next that bruised Baekhyun's cheek. "I gave you a roof! I fed you! I gave you a life! And this is how you'll repay us? Do you know how expensive that vase is?"

Chanyeol ran towards Mr. Park and stopped him from possibly throwing another punch, pulling him away.

Jisoo walked down and saw the commotion. He was startled to see his dad aiming at Baekhyun that he ran towards him and pulled Baekhyun towards him.

"Dad! What's going on?!" Jisoo yelled.

"This bastard is gonna kill us all! He has no shame left in him." Mr. Park struggled to get out of Chanyeol's grasps.

Jisoo held Baekhyun in his arms, tears fell down from his eyes.

"Dad, calm down. He's our brother." Jisoo said.

"He's not my son! He's not even my bastard! I just took him in because he's a Byun!"

Baekhyun grabbed onto Jisoo's shirt.

"You wanted to go? Then leave! Leave this house! You ungrateful bastard!"

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun fighting his way out of Jisoo's arms.

"Park Jisoo, let me go!" Baekhyun said.

When Baekhyun finally released himself from Jisoo, Mr. Park fought his way out from Chanyeol and gave him one last slap.

"Remember this, Byun Baekhyun. You are worthless."

"Dad!" Chanyeol yelled.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Park warned. "You're not going anywhere until I'm done with you."