Chapter Forty Five

"You? What.. what are you doing here? Why are you here?"

"I'm the manager as you can see." Mr. Wong said.

"Since when?"

"Since the building changed it's name." Chanyeol remembered the day Baekhyun went back to his apartment and they lived next to each other. He knew somehing about the name outside the building has a different ring to him than before.

"Alpha Building?"

"What? It didn't ring a bell? Yet your father keeps on blabbering about how smart of a kid you are." Mr. Wong said with a sly smile on his face.

"Did.. did my dad buy this building?"

"I guess you just found out." He said while looking at the papers Chanyeol has.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe he wanted a new business. Maybe he's bored. He's your father, you should know him better."

"Then why are you here?"

"Unlike your father, I already trained my son to be the next president of Hanwa Group, given that he will take my place soon. You know my son, right? You two are friends, after all. Mr. Park and I had a chat and he was kind enough to let me manage this building as a past time from being retired soon."

"Is that why Lucas live here?" Chanyeol gritted his teeth.

"Oh no. He has his own place. He just preferred to live here for a certain.. reason." The pause he made bothered Chanyeol so much.

"I hate to burst your bubble but my dad is selling this building. I'm arranging all of the assets that needs to be let go."

"Ahh.. yes. He's selling this building to me. I asked him for a fraction of what he paid for. After all, this building is not doing so good, nowadays. Considering your father raised the amount of rent too high, and most of the residents are students."

"I'm going to ask you again. Why did my dad buy this building? Does he know that I live here?"

"I bet you already knew a little something about it too. If you're that curious, ask your father."

"Why waste time if you're already here?"

Mr. Wong fixed his glasses to let it sit right on top his nose and looked at Chanyeol. He gave him a grin that resembled a familiar smile he has seen before.

"Do you really want to know?" He teased. "Since, you are a son of a friend, come here closer."

Chanyeol hesitantly walked towards him until he's a few inch away, anger building up inside. Mr. Wong stood from his chair and put his lips near Chanyeol's ear.

"He told me to keep an eye on your brother."

Chanyeol's face turned pale and he pushed himself away from Mr. Wong. He ran out of his office and pushed the buttons of the elevator quickly. He went back to his apartment to grab his keys and quickly changed his clothes. He rushed to the parking lot and turned on his car engine and drove out of the building. He drove as far away as he could, smashing the horn repeatedly.

He thought every piece of the puzzle is falling right into place, and his nightmare came to a conclusion when he was right about his father's intentions.

He was after Baekhyun.

He had someone follow him for years and even bought the very building they lived in. He was watching everything he do.

He was watching Baekhyun.

Chanyeol yelled curses inside the car, knowing that his father was onto something sneaky and petty. He knew that Baekhyun has no purpose to his dad and that is the reason he is giving him a hard time. Ever since he found out when the Byuns' business plummeted, he noticed that something about his dad has changed towards Baekhyun. But it was not as obvious back then as it is now. And the added information was the last straw for Chanyeol and he can't take it anymore. He needed to get out of his chains.