Chapter Ten

It's only a few more days before the school trip and Baekhyun is getting anxious everytime he sees Kang Dong Joo slyly looking at him.

It didn't help that Na Na frequently gives him a couple of piercing looks whenever she walks inside the classroom.

"Looks like Na Na's glaring at you a little extra lately." Min Jae said.

"I guess so too."

"Her mood on Chanyeol's absences must be diverted to you"

"I bet not."

"That's not what that look is saying."

Baekhyun looked at where Min Jae's eyes are staring and he saw Na Na looking at him with so much hatred and anger in her eyes.

"Let's just not mind her." Baekhyun said.

"It's been what? Three days since Chanyeol last attended class. And ever since, Na Na has been giving you the death stare."

"I don't know why she's mad at me though."

"I guess it's because she saw you with Chanyeol the other day."

"What? I mean.. saw what?"

"The other day you went to the restroom and didn't come back. I went to check on you there and saw Chanyeol running with you to the infirmary. At the end of the hallway, I saw Na Na standing there and saw you two."

"What?" Baekhyun whispered.

He realized that must be why she went to the infirmary looking for him. It must have been because she saw them.

Baekhyun's thoughts were cut short when he felt something hot has spilled on his table soaking his books.

"Oops! My bad.. Baekhyun, you wouldn't mind, would you?" Na Na said after spilling half of her coffee onto Baekhyun's desk.

"Kim Na Na! Are you crazy?" Min Jae said.

"Stay out of this." Na Na coldly said to Min Jae.

"I.. it's okay. It's.. my fault." Baekhyun remembered Chanyeol's words not to cause any trouble.

"You should be more careful next time." Na Na pat Baekhyun on the head. "Clean that up."

She smiled and walked to her desk.

Baekhyun stared at his soaked books when Min Jae handed him his handkerchief.

"Here. Use this."

Baekhyun did not respond. Instead, he took Min Jae's handkerchief and tried absorbing some of the coffee from his books. He was too busy to notice that everyone looked at the door when Chanyeol came to class after a few days of absences.

He walked towards his seat at the far back but stopped infront of Baekhyun's desk.

"Ya.. you ruined my books."

Everyone stared when Chanyeol took Baekhyun's soaked books and placed his own books on top of Baekhyun's desk. Without a word, Chanyeol took Baekhyun's books with him and sat on his chair at the back.

Na Na looked shocked by what she witnessed, her anger is at its highest peak since the day she saw Chanyeol carrying Baekhyun to the infirmary.

Baekhyun did not look straight for the whole period. He kept his stare at his desk, contemplating what will happen next after Chanyeol's action affected Na Na.

He curses at Chanyeol in his mind. He was trying to follow his order to stay out of trouble but it was Chanyeol who threw him into the fiery pit of chaos.