Chapter Eight

Baekhyun woke up feeling something damp is sitting on his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes to see that he's back home. He felt a slight pang on his head and his hand made its way to feel the towel.

When he opened his eyes again, he noticed that he's home but the atmosphere is unfamiliar. He felt the bed to be softer than his. He noticed the bedside table has a different color, and a game console at the far end to his left.

He immediately sat when he realized that he's inside the devil's lair. His head started to hurt from the sudden movement and he let out a brief, agonizing sound.

"Lay down you dumbass!" Chanyeol half-shouted from his side.

His eyes opened wide when he saw Chanyeol lying down on a couch at the right side of the bed. He didn't even notice him there. He felt like standing and walking out of the room but his weak body won't let him. Having used all the little strength he have to sit down.

"Why am I here?" Baekhyun asked.

"No asking questions. Lay down!"

Baekhyun wanted to leave be he can't do anything but to follow Chanyeol's instructions. His authoritative voice has compelled Baekhyun to do what he is told.

"How long have I been here?"

"Since last night."

"Why am I here? What happened?"

"You had a fever. I took you home. If you die I'd be the suspect."

"Why am I in your room?"

"I said no questions!" Chanyeol sat at the couch and glared at him.

"I caused you trouble again, didn't I?" Baekhyun said in a weak voice.

Chanyeol sighed and walked towards the bed. He sat beside where Baekhyun is lying down.

"Get better. Then we're even."

"How did we get out of the roof? Did we jump? Is that why my head hurts?"

"Baekhyun, you read too much novels."

"I actually read just one." Baekhyun whispered to himself.

Jisoo opened the door and peeked at them.

"Good! You're awake!" He said when he hurriedly came running towards Baekhyun.

"How are you feeling? Does anything hurt? Where?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Don't overreact."

"Uhh.. I thought you were going to die!" Jisoo laid himself beside him and annoyingly cuddled him. Shaking him lightly.

"I'm fine. Get away from me!" Both of them end up laughing.

"You two are both weird." Chanyeol went back to his couch.

"What happened last night?" Baekhyun asked.

"Both of you didn't come to dinner and dad asked me where you are. I got worried so I tried looking for you. I actually don't know where to start so I thought about starting from where I last seen you two. At school."

"You went back to school at night?"

"That's the place I could think of starting. The security were really tight at school they won't let us in. Mr. Choi had to talk to them and let us view the CCTV of the front lobby. That's when I saw that neither of you went out so we looked for you inside the building."

"You had a very lucky guess."

"More like detective skills." Jisoo said proudly.

"Why am I here, tho?"