Chapter Twenty Five

Today

The sky is clear as he looked blankly outside his small window. His eyes are stuck like glue, blinking lesser than normal as his thoughts travelled through the vast, endless parade of clouds. The birds don't entertain him but he still followed them as they fly, curious where their destination would lead them to be.

He opened a bag of peanuts as he refused a lady who offered him something to drink. He thought his bottled water is enough to quench the thirst he may feel after finishing the snack that he immediately put inside his mouth.

He returned his gaze to the window, looking back at the clouds and somewhere afar he saw a small hint of civilization. His eyes danced their way where it is not entirely calm and blue. He took a deep breathe and upon releasing, he said to himself 'Ah. South Korea'.

"We're about to land. Are you excited?" An overly excited Jisoo asked.

"I don't know."

"Come on! It's been three years since we left. I miss everything here! I miss dad and Baekhyun. And ironically, I miss having Mr. Choi drive us to school."

Chanyeol kept Jisoo talking but his mind doesn't process the words he is saying. He's still lost in his thoughts about their mother's death. How painful it is to witness losing her life in his arms. He kept on looking outside while holding a necklace hanging from his neck and hearing his mother's voice calling out to him.

Chanyeol

Chanyeol

"Chanyeol." His presence is brought back when Jisoo tapped him on his shoulder. "We're here. Are you okay?"

"Ah, yes."

The engine of the plane has stop as both of them patiently waited for an announcement for their time to come out.

Moments later, they are greeted by Mr. Choi who waited for them to arrive.

"Welcome back, young masters."

Chanyeol nodded as his eyes roamed around, searching.

"Are you alone?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes. Mr. Park instructed me to wait for you're arrival and bring you home."

"Where is dad?" Jisoo asked.

"He's at the office. A shareholders meeting will take place at noon so he couldn't make it here to pick you up."

"Oh, how about Baekhyun?" Jisoo excitedly asked.

"I'm guessing he's at the library. He often spends most of his time there from noon until before dinner."

"Take me to the library." Chanyeol said.

"Apologies, but Mr. Park instructed me to bring you home and get some rest. There will be a dinner party tonight to celebrate your arrival."

"We don't need something
fancy tho." Jisoo muttered.

"It's Mr. Park's request. He invited guests to welcome both of you back."

Mr. Choi took the cart carrying their bags from Jisoo and pushed it, leading the way to where he parked the car.

The ride home was a series of Jisoo asking Mr. Choi some random questions about the events that took place while they were gone. He could hear their conversation but can only process a few of them. His thoughts are occupied with his own sets of questions. And the question of Baekhyun's whereabout topped his list.