Chapter Forty Eight

Chanyeol woke up with Jisoo sleeping soundly next to him. His arm is already numbed when he carefully took Jisoo's head off him and placed a pillow underneath it. His eyes wondered around the room as if by looking, something would be different. He knew he slept for a long period of time when he felt recharged and hungry, and saw the light piercing through the slit of the window curtain.

It's morning.

He sat up and went to the bathroom, checking his face in the mirror. Tiny little hair started growing above his lip, a sign of days of negligence and protest. He took the razor and cleaned his face from all the hair that started to form into a stache.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol heard Jisoo say from his bed.

"I haven't seen myself for days until now. Why didn't you tell me I look this bad?"

"You've always looked bad." Jisoo teased.

"Darn this little-!" Chanyeol cursed. "Get off my bed!"

"No! I'm getting more sleep."

"Why are you even in my room? Are you locked up in here too?"

"No."

"What?" Chanyeol looked at him, confusion plastered in his face. "I thought you were locked up too?"

"I was. For a day. And then Ms. Nam stopped bringing my breakfast. That's when I found out that the door wasn't locked."

"Really? Let me try!" Chanyeol ran towards the door and when his hand was about to touch the knob, he was surprised that the door opened on its own. He was taken aback by Ms. Nam when she entered the room without notice.

"Young masters, Mr. Park wanted to have breakfast with you."

"Go ahead." Chanyeol gestured for Jisoo when he jumped on his bed.

"He wants to see you too, Chanyeol." Ms. Nam said.

"I don't want to see him."

"He specifically told me to bring you downstairs and-"

"What if I don't want to? Will the guards go here and drag me out? That's predictable anyway. Especially, after what he's done to me in the parking lot." Chanyeol cussed.

"Young master, I apologize if you feel mistreated in any way but Mr. Park wanted to talk to you. He also wants you to have a normal breakfast."

"Why? I don't need a normal breakfast. I need my freedom!"

"It will be good for you to eat something warm. Please, come with us."

"I'm going back to bed." Chanyeol covered himself with a blanket and was pulled up from his bed. He yelled at the two men who grabbed him and pulled him out of his room.

"What the hell?!" Chanyeol cursed.

Jisoo went to his side and held him in place while trying to calm him down. He pulled him back where Chanyeol could not reach the guards and Ms. Nam. Chanyeol finally brushed everything off, and with a heavy heart, went downstairs to the dining room.

The house looked the same as he had last seen it. Everything is how he remembered it except for the front door of his room. He realized that the door has six metal hooks with three on each sides where three thick metal rods are supposedly placed to keep the door from opening. He had not heard any chain since his first day being in his room, but he saw a long chain rolled in a small wheel, unused.

Both Chanyeol and Jisoo were escorted to the dining room where Mr. Park is seated, waiting for them to arrive. Chanyeol sat on his usual seat and he did not see Na Na anywhere in the room.