Chapter Sixty One

"Is it done?" Baekhyun asked.

"Just wait for it." Chanyeol said.

"You're doing it all wrong!"

"Just wait. It'll be done soon."

"You have to flip it!" Baekhyun yelled.

"I'm trying!" Chanyeol yelled back.

"What are you two doing?" Min Jae asked when he came in from the back door.

"Chanyeol's ruining the pancakes!" Baekhyun whined.

"I'm not!"

"You have to flip it!"

"I know that!"

"Can't you two cook a little quieter? I can hear your voices from outside. It's annoying."

"Min Jae, will you cook the pancakes?" Baekhyun asked.

"What? You want his pancakes more?" Chanyeol said, annoyed.

"Because he doesn't burn the batter twice!"

"I said that was an accident!"

"Because you won't flip it!" Baekhyun yelled.

"Stop it!" Min Jae screamed and the room went silent. "If you are going to cook pancakes, just cook the goddamn pancakes! Baekhyun, you know how to cook. Why are you asking him to do it if he can't?"

"Ya!" Chanyeol disagreed.

"Shut up! Your bickering is really annoying. It's like being in a house with two kids. I'm too young to raise my own children so shut up!" Min Jae said and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol confused.

"Well.. that was.."

"Annoying?" Baekhyun finished Chanyeol's sentence.

"I was going to say something else but that works too." Chanyeol said and they both laughed.

The three of them were gathered on the table when they finished making breakfast. Chanyeol could feel Min Jae glaring at him on his side as he tried to reluctantly take a peek.

"It's uhm.. it's not bad.. is it?" Chanyeol stuttered.

"Not bad?" Min Jae said, heaving. "You call this not bad? Park Chanyeol, I'm gonna kill you!"

Min Jae tried reaching Chanyeol on his side and Baekhyun immediately grabbed Min Jae back to stop him from getting his hands onto Chanyeol.

"Come here!" Min Jae yelled. "I'm going to kill you!"

"Chanyeol, run! Run outside!" Baekhyun yelled and Chanyeol ran out.

"Get off of me, Baekhyun!"

"Min Jae, it's not so bad!" Baekhyun said and Min Jae stopped struggling, trying to calm himself down.

"It's all burnt. What are we going to eat?"

"The taste isn't bad. Look." Baekhyun took a bite from the burnt pancake and tried his best not to spit it out. "See.. it's.. not so.. bad.."

Min Jae immediately gave him a glass of water when Baekhyun started coughing. He coughed the burnt pancake out and gulped the whole glass of water, gasping for air when he finished.

"Nice. I didn't know pancakes can be lethal." Min Jae said.

"Min Jae, he's trying. And tomorrow's our last day together. He wanted to do something for you."

"I think not doing anything is enough." Min Jae said and looked at the pancakes with disappointment.

"I'm going to miss you." Baekhyun heard him mutter.