Chapter Eighteen

"Baekhyun.."

"Baekhyun, you're okay. It's me, Chanyeol."

Baekhyun opened his eyes and met Chanyeol's. He brought him at the back of the school under the tree.

"It's okay. You're okay."

"I.. I.. want to go." Baekhyun moved from Chanyeol's grasps a little.

Chanyeol raised one of his hands and touched Baekhyun's cheek. Angry while staring at the thin line of dried blood from Baekhyun's face.

"I.. I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I won't let them do this to you again."

"It's okay." Baekhyun said while holding his chest, trying to calm himself.

"Chanyeol.." Jisoo interupted. "We should clean that up."

Chanyeol took his hand away from Baekhyun's face and Jisoo moved forward to clean Baekhyun's wound.

"Does it hurt?" Jisoo asked.

"N-no."

"Baekhyun, I can't stand seeing you like this."

"N-no. Please."

"This is way out of hand. They've gone too far."

"Jisoo please.."

Baekhyun looked at Jisoo, pleading for him to let it go. Jisoo let out his frustration and shouted at the sky. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun's hand and dragged him to the parking lot.

"Where are you going?" Jisoo asked.

"Out of this mess."

"Where?"

"Just stay here and don't deal with Dong Joo while we're away. Dad might not like it if you're caught in trouble."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked towards the parking lot leaving Jisoo behind.

"Get in."

"W-where are we going? Class isn't over yet."

"Just get in."

Baekhyun felt intimidated by Chanyeol's authoritative voice and went inside the car. Chanyeol closed the door and walked towards the driver's seat. He inserted the keys and the engine came to life as Chanyeol held onto the steering wheel. The car moved from the parking lot towards the school gate and out of the chaos they left inside the campus.

The car ride was plagued with silence. Neither one of them are talking as Chanyeol's hard face is focused on the road and Baekhyun looked at the view on his side of the window. He wanted to sleep. He wanted to rest. He wanted to forget everything that happened but his mind kept playing the suffocating feeling of being inside the closet over and over again. He couldn't escape the cheers and the laughter he heard as he suffered inside the storage. He scratched his wrists and shrugged when Chanyeol tapped him on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"I.. I'm okay." Baekhyun looked straight at the road, avoiding Chanyeol. "Where are we going?"

"We're almost there. Just rest your head for a few more minutes."

Baekhyun pressed his head on his side of the door and looked outside to see the vast sea that he felt like it never ends.

"What are we doing here?"

"I always come here whenever I feel down. It's where our mom used to take Jisoo and me to relax from all the school works."

"Your mom.." Baekhyun felt hesitant to ask more.

They pulled over at one part of the beach and the engine that roared to life is now at rest. Chanyeol opened his door and went out. He walked towards Baekhyun's side of the car and opened the door for him.