Chapter Fifty Nine

"Are you sure they're here?" Jisoo asked as they searched inside the market. "I mean, that stone could mean a lot. Baekhyun could be holding that stone one day and randomly wrote it there. It might not be a sign."

"At this point, Jisoo, I'll take any sign I can get as Baekhyun's message to me. No matter how lousy and unrealistic it is."

"Okay, let's say it is a sign Baekhyun left. But Busan is big. How can we find him if Min Jae is hiding him?"

"Just shut up and keep on looking. We'll find him. We have to." Chanyeol said as they walked past the seafood section of the market.

It has been past noon when they finished looking at every stalls. They went through every corner just looking for Min Jae and Baekhyun but they were not there. Chanyeol started to get frustrated and overworked, he kept on asking everyone who pass by if they have seen the person he describes.

"Come on, let's eat first." Jisoo said.

"No, we don't have a lot of time. I need to see him."

"And you won't if you start losing you energy. You need to eat too."

"What if he's in danger and I'm here having lunch?" Chanyeol asked.

"Chanyeol, if Baekhyun is in danger, you wouldn't be able to help him if you're too weak. You haven't had enough sleep, and skipping a meal won't do you any good."

Chanyeol looked at Jisoo, hesitant to take his advice and still torn between eating or continuing the search. His eyes turned their gaze at a food truck and let out a sigh when he looked back at Jisoo.

"If he gets hurt, it's on you." Chanyeol said and started walking towards the food truck.

"Alright, alright." Jisoo said when he ran towards him to catch up.

They sat at a table beside the food truck with their food on their hands. Chanyeol started eating immediately and he was already on his half of the meal when Jisoo started eating his food.

"Slow down, you don't want to get indigestion."

"We don't have much time." Chanyeol said while chewing the food in his mouth.

"Okay, okay. If I get indigestion, it's on you." Jisoo said and started eating his food a little faster than when he started. And when he looked at Chanyeol's plate, it is almost empty. He looked at the sea while he chew his food, inhaling the air in Busan, and thinking that he never had a trip with Baekhyun before except for their school trip that was cut short.

They continued looking for Baekhyun right after they finished their meals using a rental car. While Chanyeol drove, he saw a burnt building ahead where the café used to be. He remembered the employees that were let go by the company because of him. The guilt is still there, but there is nothing much he can do since he left the office.

When they drove past the building, he saw someone he did not expect to see. He immediately stopped the car, startling Jisoo as he plunged in front while bumping his head on the window, and drove back to the café.

There, standing beside what is left of the building, is Mr. Kim.

Chanyeol went down from the car and ran towards Mr. Kim who was about to walk away. His heart is racing and mind blowing, a mixture of relief and worry when he saw him walking away from the ruins.

"Mr. Kim." he called.

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?" Mr. Kim asked when he looked back.

"Where is Min Jae? Do you know where he is?"