Chapter Seventeen

Baekhyun went to school with Jisoo for the first time. He never thought this day would actually come. He never wanted the attention Jisoo has for being one of the most well-known students in school.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked.

"W-what?"

"I said, are you okay?"

"Oh, yes."

"Is something bothering you?" Jisoo asked.

"N-nothing.."

"It's me, isn't it? Well, you gotta get used to this. I'll be taking you to school every day."

"W-what? I thought you're only walking with me today?"

"I'm walking with you to school STARTING today." Jisoo exaggerated that word too much for Baekhyun to understand more.

"It's okay, really. You don't have to do this."

"Do what? Walk with my baby brother?"

"Shh.. people might hear you."

"Do you hate being my brother that much?"

"Park Jisoo! You know it's not about that." Baekhyun looked at Jisoo who looked disappointed at him.

"Then why did you keep our relationship a secret from the other students? I like being your older brother too much."

"You already know why."

"I only know the 'what-you-want-me-to-know-why'. I want to know the real why."

Baekhyun felt flustered for keeping some details from Jisoo but he thought it is the best way to remember who he is while living as Mr. Park's son.

"Okay, okay. I won't bother you." Jisoo said as he looked at the path they are walking.

"But I will still take you to school every day, understood?"

"Uh.. okay."

"That's a good Baekhyuniee.." Jisoo patted Baekhyun's head a few times.

Baekhyun walked passed the door to his classroom when Jisoo released his arms from Baekhyun's shoulders. He walked towards two empty chairs at the back where he sat at the first one, and his back remained untouched.

'Chanyeol must have been at the hospital still.' He thought.

The bell rang and the students from his class started walking inside the classroom. Min Jae walked towards his seat beside Baekhyun and placed his bag on his table, hiding his face.

"Hey." Baekhyun barely said.

"Oh. Hey." Min Jae responded but didn't look. Too busy fixing his things.

"It's been awhile, huh?"

"Was it?" Baekhyun could feel the coldness in Min Jae's voice. He didn't want to bother him more so he just looked upfront and waited for Teacher Kim to make his morning announcements.

The lunch bell rang when Min Jae closed his book and put it in his bag. He stood up and so did Baekhyun who tapped Min Jae's back.

"Hey.. are you okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"Uhm, yeah." Min Jae said without any expression on his face.

"You looked.. bothered."

"I'm not."

"Hmm.. are you going to get lunch?"

"Maybe. I don't know." Min Jae started walking but Baekhyun stopped him by holding the back of his shirt with his fingers.