Finding out you're not alone

Within five minutes of Amy messaging him, Ben had come back and they were on their way to Amy and Ben's house. Janette sat in the back daydreaming out of the window.

When they got there, Ben went back out to leave the girls to talk. Amy went to make them a drink and get the tissues. "You know if I tell you something you won't tell anyone else will you? Well you can tell Karen as I already told her." Amy nodded without having a clue what Janette was about to tell her. Janette was grateful to have Amy as a friend. "This isn't my first pregnancy, when I was younger I got attacked and I found out I was pregnant." Amy couldn't believe that Janette had kept this to herself but knew what Janette had been through. "When I had her, my mum made me get her adopted. After Aljaz and I discovered I was pregnant, I promised myself that this pregnancy was going to be different. We have the scan tomorrow where we can find out if we're having a girl or boy. I have no idea what to do Amy, Aljaz and I aren't speaking and talking about my past over the last few days has made me realise that I need to deal with my past and my feelings." Janette broke down, Amy went over and held her friend tight whilst she sobbed.

The girls moved from the kitchen into the living room. As soon as Janette sat down she fell asleep. Amy grabbed a blanket and tucked Janette in. She went to message Ben to tell him that Janette was asleep so to be quiet when he came back.

When Ben came back, Janette was still asleep on the sofa so they went into the kitchen. Amy told Ben that it wasn't her place to explain what was wrong with Janette, he trusted Amy and knew that she'd explain when she could.

Janette didn't wake up until late afternoon, she checked her phone but there was nothing from Aljaz. Amy walked in and asked if she wanted to stay for dinner and went to put it on. Janette went to the kitchen with her to stretch her legs. While they were there, Ben came back downstairs and said hi to Janette who said hi back. During dinner Amy asked Janette what time her scan was. "Half 11 why?" "I was thinking, you can say no if you want but from what you were saying earlier about you and Aljaz not speaking, Ben and I were talking, I didn't tell him what you told me and we'll take you home later so you can get some things then you can stay with us for a few days just while you sort your head out and I'll come with you tomorrow to your scan. It's entirely up to you but the offer is there if you want it." Amy replied hoping that she hadn't put her foot in it or upset her friend. Janette was really grateful to have Amy as a friend. "If I'm ruining your plans or I'm in the way tell me and I'll stay somewhere else and are you sure about tomorrow?"