Chapter 28: Missing

You're sitting in your room alone; looking out the window. You hear a knock at the door.

You: Come in!

The door opens and Lee walks in. You turn around.

You: Oh, hey Lee.

Lee: Hey kiddo.

You: Do you need something?

Lee: No. But I need to do something.

You: What?

Lee pulls out a new bandage and some peroxide.

Lee: I need to change your bandage.

You sigh.

You: Okay.

Lee walks over to you and gets on one knee. You take off your hat and start to take off your bandage. Your bandage comes off; revealing the hole in your face. Lee has a face of guilt and pity.

You: Am I ugly?

Lee: What?! No!

You: Then why do I feel like a loser?

Lee puts his hand on your shoulder.

Lee: You. Are not. A loser, Y/N. You were willing to go out of your way to protect three people, and you saved them, but you lost your eye in the process.

You: I didn't save Duck and Katjaa...

Lee: Their death is not on you. Duck got bit after you passed out. There was nothing you could do.

You look down and you start to cry. Your eye is now a very sensitive subject for you. Lee wipes the tears from your eyes, because even with one eye, you can still cry with both. You hug him and cry onto his shoulder, he hugs back and starts rocking you.

Lee: Shhhh... it's okay, it's okay... shhhh...

His "shhhh's" always make you feel better. You pull out of the hug and wipe your tears.

Lee: You ready to change your bandage?

You: Yeah.

Small timeskip
After a painful process of the bandage being replaced, he finally finishes.

Lee: All done.

You: Thanks Lee. You say with a smile.

Lee: That's what I'm here for. He says handing you your hat.

You put on your hat and Lee stands up and walks out of the room. You turn around and look out of the window again. You hear the door open again. You turn around and see Ben.

You: Hey Ben.

Ben: Hey man.

You: What's up?

Ben sits on the bed.

Ben: I just wanted to talk to you about something.

You: Sure.

Ben looks hesitant, he takes a deep breath.

Ben: Why did you save me?

You: I wasn't letting you die, Ben.

Ben: Well, why did you vote for me to stay?

You're silent for a moment and to try to find an answer.

You: Because I understand why you did what you did.

Ben: Really?

You: Yeah. Ben, what you did was dumb and foolish, but in the end we're only human. We all make mistakes and try to spend the rest of our lives trying to make up for them. With that being said, Ben... I forgive you.