Chapter 123: Another Day, Another Road

It had been a whole year since the Foundation. You, Clem, and AJ have been driving around for over a year. Surprisingly, you can't seem to find anything.

Your hat has a little tear in the back. You still wear the glasses. You wear a gray Henley shirt and a blue, green, and white plaid shirt.

Clem's still got the same outfit from the Foundation, except the D on her hat is partially off.

AJ's no different.

You're driving the car down the road. You look at Clem. She's looking out the passenger window. She looks at you and smiles, you smile back.

AJ's spinning the cylinder of his revolver.

Clementine adjusts the rear view mirror and you both see AJ spinning the cylinder.

Clem sighs.

Clem: Whatcha doin' there, goofball?

AJ: Pretending we got bullets.

You: Well, don't. It's getting on my nerves.

AJ stops spinning the cylinder.

AJ: I don't like goofball.

You and Clem look at each other.

AJ: I'm too big for it.

Clem: Aww, we've always called you goofball.

AJ: It's time for you guys to stop. It's Alvin Junior.

Clem: AJ still work?

AJ: AJ still works.

You: Would you prefer shitbird?

AJ laughs.

AJ: No! That's mean! You're a shitbird.

AJ holds his stomach.

Clem: What's wrong?

You: AJ?

He looks at you.

AJ: Hungry.

You open up the glove box and you see a few items. You grab Disco Broccoli and you hold it up. You start pretending that he's talking to AJ.

You: "Hey, there, Alvin Junior. It's me, Disco Broccoli! Word on the street is that you wanna eat me. Is that true? Do you wanna eat me?"

AJ chuckles.

AJ: C'mon, Y/N. I can't eat a toy.

You: "Aw, man. My feelings are hurt."

AJ: My stomach hurts.

You: "Hmph, sassy."

You put the toy back. You take a magazine out.

You: Here, practice your reading. You say, handing the magazine to AJ.

AJ: But I don't wanna.

Clem: It'll take your mind off your stomach.

AJ: Preee-heat...oven.

You: Oh, god...

AJ: P-l-ace cream, van-ni-lla bean--beans!--into a sauce pan and bring to a bo-ill.

You: Uhh, on second thought, never mind. You say, grabbing the magazine and putting it away. That's only gonna make you hungrier.

Clem grabs a bag of chips and offers it to AJ.

Clem: Here you go. About all we got.

AJ takes the bag of chips. He looks at you and Clem.

AJ: What about you guys?