Chapter 72: A New Partner

It's been a few months since AJ was taken. You decide to check out Prescott... Wasn't really your scene. Instead, you just wanna find a car, and get as far away from this place as possible.

You walk down the road, shotgun in hand. You find a big tree and you make a plan. You're gonna cut the tree, but not enough for it to fall. Once a car comes down the road, your gonna cut the tree completely, making the driver stop. And you'll take their car.

1 hour later
You see an armored truck coming down the road.

Clem: Jackpot.

You get behind the tree and you take an axe and you hit the tree. The tree falls down and the truck swerves into a ditch.

You sigh.

Clem: Didn't see that comin'.

You see two men get out of the truck and one of them runs away. The other one has a gun, but his wrists are binded

???: Hey! He says pointing the gun at the man, who's running away.

The man stops running, turns around, and raises his hands. The other man lowers the gun and gestures for him to leave. The man climbs over a boulder and runs away.

You walk up to the man, who lowers his head. You cock your shotgun and you aim it at his back. He turns his head to you and sighs. He looks forward.

???: Fuck... Yeah, alright... He says dropping his gun.

Clem: That's good. Just keep looking forward.

???: Look, I'm no threat to you, okay? I surrender.

Clem: Well, that's obvious. Seeing how you didn't shoot that guy.

You pick up his gun.

Clem: Okay. Now, don't do anything stupid. Cause I'm not as nice as you. I won't hesitate.

You lower your shotgun and you walk around the truck to see if it's still useful. The man looks at you.

???: You're a kid...

He walks around the truck to talk to you.

???: Whoa, wait. Did you do that? With the tree?

Clem: I was trying to stop the truck

You drop down into the ditch.

Clem: Shit.

You climb into the front seat of the truck. You grab an apple and climb out. You walk around the truck to see the man waiting at the top of the ditch.

???: What do you need the truck for?

Clem: To drive.

You take a bite out of the apple.

Clem: Put your hands up and close your eyes. You say, walking up to the top of the ditch.

He closes his eyes and holds his hands in front of him.

You walk around him.

???: Look, I'm the victim here.

Clem: We're all victims.

You search his backpack.

???: Oh, so it's okay for you to rob me.

Clem: This is payment. For saving you.

You reach into his back pocket, to pull out a candy bar.

???: Hey, that's for my niece. She loves chocolate, more than anything. I promised it to her. Please.