XII

________________________________

se-ri huffed in annoyance.

it was early morning by now, and she didn't even get a blink of sleep. she felt the exhaustion clouding her body, but something was still keeping her awake.

it was still so dark outside, however, and as se-ri climbed out of her bed to sit on her window seat, she could notice the spiky grass on the ground with frosty flakes of ice topping it. a light mist washed over the garden, and she tightened the fluffy woolly cardigan as she felt a chill rush over her bare arms.

why?

why am i afraid?

se-ri feared she was falling too deep and too quick, unable to control the rapid beat of her heart whenever seonghwa was around and the butterflies in her stomach.

standing up abruptly, she whimpered as she felt a sharp pain in her head as she grabbed it and stopped moving for a while.

finally feeling a little bit at ease, she opened her door and slipped into her fluffy slippers and stepped down the multiple flight of stairs to make it to the kitchen.

opening the doors, she grabbed a glass from one of the cabinets, standing on the her tiptoes to reach it, before filling it with water. not bothering to pull one of the chairs out, she hopped onto the counter and sipped her water as she hummed when the feeling of peace and calmness washed over her.

that feeling didn't last long, though.

sensing a presence enter the kitchen, se-ri rushed to turn around to see who was and contemplated hiding or just facing them right then and there. but of course, clumsy was her middle name and she ended up spilling water on the cool kitchen tiles.

"relax, it's just me." a warm voice sounded, and she couldn't stop herself from releasing a sigh of relief.

seonghwa.

"oh, you startled me—," she started, but was soon interrupted.

lights were turned on and she turned to the side to see wooyoung there with puffy eyes and fluffed up hair. his eyes were squinted but they widened when they saw her disgruntled state. his eyes then travelled to the person in front of her, and his brows were furrowed in confusion.

"seonghwa hyung? what are you doing up so early? oh- is that se-ri too?" he yawned, and he looked like that of a little boy as he rubbed both of his eyes with his fists.

while se-ri was caught up in calming down, seonghwa explained the situation by mouthing it to wooyoung who still stood in the entrance of the kitchen. he left soon after, and allowed the couple alone time together.

seonghwa sighed, a pang of guilt stabbed his chest. he scrunched his face up and let go of se-ri, and bent down just a bit at the knees to make eye contact with her.

seonghwa took her shoulders in his warm hands and she looked at the floor bashfully, bringing out a minscule smile on his face.

she looked back up at him, craning her neck. "hi. what are you doing up?" she questioned so quietly, that seonghwa would've thought the question wasn't even aimed at him.

her gentle voice and soft tone in the early hours of the night brought a smile to his lips, and he had to stop himself from smothering her in affection. instead, he reached behind her and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge behind her, snapping it open.

she smiled gratefully at him, her eyes crinkling into crescents as dimples appears on her cheeks.

seonghwa's fingers twitched as he ached to get his hands on her again, any contact with se-ri is what he seemed to be craving ever since yesterday.

he rolled his eyes exasperatedly - albeit with a smile on his face - and ushered her up the stairs, before he left the premises and left for work, getting ready to face the busy day ahead of him.

________________________________

💌

okayyyy, hello once again my lovelies !!

anyways, here's a chapter somewhat dedicated to seonghwa and se-ri :)

what should their ship name be?

stay safe and stan ateez<3