XXXVII

______________________________

the courtyard was pin drop silent, everyone holding their breaths in anticipation. the priest took a deep breath, and he spoke, his deep grovel-ly voice travelling into the ears of every guest there.

"we have gathered here to unite these two people in marriage," he began, and se-ri's chest tightened as she stared into the eyes of her lover, her prince, her other half. seonghwa stood there, as still as a statue as shock and disbelief was painted on his face.

she could feel his hands start to get clammy, and she gave them a quick squeeze and reassuring smile.

"the essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion and friend. marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes and dreams. it takes special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be unloving and selfish,"

the familiar sting of tears hit se-ri, but she quickly tilted her head up in efforts to prevent becoming a sobbing mess in front of the majority of the country, and not on her wedding day, which had just started. she bit her lip hard, and when the grip on her hand tightened she noticed that the crown prince himself had his brows furrowed, shoulders tense as he fought back his own waterworks.

so this is what she had been up to.

"now without further ado, do you, lee se-ri, pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? do you promise to honour and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?" the priest asked, turning to se-ri.

her breath caught in her throat, and it seemed no words could come out.

but she pushed that overwhelming feeling aside, and she choked out an, "i promise to be true to you in good times, in sickness and in health. i will love you and honour you in all the days of my life. i do." by now, hot and salty tears were streaming down her face as it scrunched up in joy.

the priest then turned to the prince, who calmed down a lot more than before, "do you, your highness park seonghwa, take lee se-ri as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do you pa-,"

"i do." seonghwa interrupted, and the girl looked behind him to see the boys trying their hardest to hold on the laughter, and she even saw wooyoung stuff his face in san's neck to hide their obviously amused expressions.

a light laughter could be heard throughout the courtyard, finding the prince's impatience to be adoring yet humorous. they hurriedly exchanges the rings, wanting to get on went he ceremony so they could just be together.

the priest let a smile of his own appear on his face, and he continued happily. "go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have - the gifts of your love united. and may your days be longer on this earth. you may now kiss the bride."