XXIII

______________________________

he gripped her cheeks harshly in between his fingers, forcing her head to face him. hot tears were burning her vision, but she refused to let them fall, not wanting him to enjoy any second of her suffering.

his grasp tightened, and she was sure that there would be harsh indents on her face with pretty purple bruises adorning them. she held back a pained chuckle, the uneasy feeling that settled in the pit of her stomach kept growing as the seconds passed by, feeling like hours that dragged along.

"you had one job, and you couldn't even do that right. you good for nothing, absolute waste of time." he growled in her ear as he shoved her to floor, ignoring the quite yelp that left her lips. the poor girl didn't dare fight back, his burning rage was a force to be reckoned with, and she had learned that the hard way.

he stomped out of the room, and only then did she let her guard fall. her force contorted in pain and her chest felt heavy, the sobs left her body as it curled up pathetically.

she couldn't do this any longer.

the same thing would always happen, an endless cycle of emotional and physical abuse. tearing her up to pieces with no remorse, he would leave her there to rot.

her dull eyes stared back at herself in the mirror which hung like a centrepiece in an art museum, except it was her bedroom. sure enough, there were bruises scarring her pretty face. but she could always wear makeup, she was always forced to do so regardless.

leaning up softly, her weak and skinny wrists almost gave out on her, but she pushed through the burning pain and scrambled to stand as she heard her name being called by him.

"myra! i won't repeat myself, get over here!" his voice boomed.

se-ri gazed longingly out the window, admiring the dark horse galloping gracefully on the grass, the emerald shavings being torn from the damp soil.

the rider jumped off swiftly as he yielded his sword from its sheath in one clean motion, his fierce gaze never faltering as he grinned devilishly.

his long fingers gripped the long sword tightly as he swung it back and forth, a whipping sound constantly being heard in the cold air above them.

the crown prince grunted as he finally finished his sparring session, his long inky hair falling in front of his eyes, beads of sweat dripping from his chin.

he had been at it for hours, and when se-ri didn't have a patient to attend to, she took the chance to admire the prince from afar. unbeknownst to her knowledge though, the prince had caught onto her act on more than one occasion, and the pride that swelled in his chest grew every single time, but he kept it hidden and focused on winning against his opponent.

the crown prince had been busy for the past few weeks, and the medic barely had any time to interact with him as he had been caught up in his duties. she understood though, being a prince must be extremely tough, especially with the weight of thousands of lives on his shoulders.

the door opened, and se-ri whipped around to see another patient step in quietly. she got to work in no time, disinfecting the wound and stitching it up with skilled fingers as if he had been doing it her whole life.

he then left, and se-ri was sat there on her own as she dwelled on her thoughts that had been clouding her mind recently.

the prince made her feel emotions she had never felt before, he seemed to be her first for everything. despite not doing much together, she experienced what it felt like to be free when in someone's arms in a tight embrace.

se-ri experienced what it felt like to yearn for someone even if they were right next to you.

she experienced what it felt like to have a zoo of butterflies erupt in your stomach whenever the person you had a deep, deep desire for was near.

se-ri was lucky to have experienced all these wondrous feelings, and she found it hard to contain the blissful smile that overtook her features, her eyes crinkling into crescents and her dimples poking deeply into her full cheeks.

after all this, se-ri knew one thing for sure. he was the cause of her euphoria.

"to what do i owe the pleasure of seeing your lovely smile, miss lee?"

______________________________

💌

haiiii my lovelies ( ˘ ³˘)

remember to stay safe and stan ateez <3