Chapter 5

After what felt like a eternity of walking the forest became less dense and lead to a hallway"this is the maze part isn't it?"Logan asked adjusting his glasses.

Janus nodded"this I say with the upmost seriousness no matter what,you don't split up."Patton and Logan shivered at the thought of what could be in the maze.

The sides walked around the metal hallways,the sky still visible above them"how do we know this is where Roman went?"Virgil asked.

"This is the only way out of the forest,since we didn't bump into him there he must've went in here."Remus looked over his shoulder"but how do we know we didn't just look hard enough?"

Janus grimaced"we just have to guess,Remus.it's all we can do,we already lost a night to rest so we can't waste time searching a whole forest."

The sides continued to walk in silence"how do you know where to go?"Patton asked,Janus rubbed the back of his neck"it's just familiar from the last time I've been here."

The sun began to go down again,Virgil sighed we're loosing time..Remus looked down at him and smiled reassuringly.

The group came across a opening with a tree in the middle"this seems like a good camp."Janus decided,he snapped his fingers and a patch of grass became a small fire.

He sighed"it's ok Janus,you just need practice!"Remus said before walking to the fire,he put his hand in the base and rose he hand upwards making the fire grow larger.

"Thank you,Remus."Janus said,Remus smiled softly at his friend.

Virgil gagged"kiddo,don't be rude."Patton scolded"ok,Patt."the sides then sat down,Logan looked to Virgil's bag"what is in your bag,Virgil?"

Virgil opened it and sighed"Roman's sash,I guess I couldn't leave it.we don't know when it'll be useful."Remus awed"you didn't want me touching your boyfriend's sash?"

Virgil hissed at him as Janus chuckled"ok Remus,lay off."Virgil looked back to his bag and closed it I just hope you're ok,Roman.

The sides then fell asleep,Remus groaned as he began to dream.

Remus was in a forest,the wood of trees were of steal and the leaves had thorns making him become cut up as he walked.

Remus gasped for air,he didn't know why but he was running.

Remus then looked up,a giant castle stood before him with mist trying to keep it from being discovered.

"Remus..help.."he heard the voice of Roman whisper so loud he thought that his brother was at his side.

Remus sat up and whimpered as he pulled his knees to his chest"Remus?"Janus mumbled tiredly,Remus wiped his wet eyes and looked away from Janus.

"A nightmare?"Remus nodded"I-it felt so real,Janus."Janus shuffled over and hugged Remus"hey,hey.shh,it's ok Remus.you don't need to tell me right now,or ever."

Remus smiled soft in Janus's arms,it felt so right!

Remus hugged back"thank you Janus.."Janus smiled softly"it's ok Remus,now are you going back to sleep?"

Remus nodded"thanks again."he mumbled before lying back down,Janus sighed and looked to Virgil who was snuggled in Patton and Logan's arms why can't we be like that again Virgil?

Janus lyed down and Remus snuggled into the side"sweet dreams,Remus."Janus yawned before falling asleep again.

~~~~~

Virgil nudged Janus and Remus awake"c'mon slowpokes,the sun's up."Janus sat up and looked to the others.

Patton was getting a twig out his hair,Logan was cleaning his glasses,and Virgil was getting his bag over his shoulder.

Virgil held his hand out to Janus"I said c'mon."Janus got pulled up by Virgil and he helped up Remus"day two is a go!"Patton said with a salute to Janus.

Janus nodded"let's get moving."the group began to walk out the clearing before the opening closed.

"Um,it's not supposed to do that right?"Remus asked,Virgil heard paws approaching them and looked over his shoulder"guys,we're not alone.."

(Cliff hanger~~~~!!!)