Chapter 16

Zavia walked out the forest and up to Virgil,the side jumped"oh,Zavia.didn't see you!"

Zavia nodded"I'm sneaky!"Virgil nodded"are you worried at all?"

"About the...whatever we're doing?"Virgil nodded"a tiny bit,you never know if something bad happens.."Virgil chuckled nervously.

"It's gonna be fine,Virgil.you guys are good fighters!"Virgil raised a eyebrow"why would we need to fight?wasn't it just getting Roman back?"

Zavia tilted her head"I thought you said something about the sins being with him."Virgil stopped Bolt and everyone stared at them"I never mentioned the sins to you."

Zavia played with her jacket"oh,i thought you did."Janus hopped over"Zavia,how do you know about the sins?"

Zavia looked over her shoulder and whispered"I'm so sorry."before turning and running off"HEY GET BACK HERE!"Virgil ran after her.

Logan jumped infront of Bolt with Nut"Virgil,stop!it's not worth it!"Virgil sighed"what was with her?and how did she know about the sins?"

Virgil thought for a moment"what if..she was a spy?"Janus growled"I never should've trusted that good for nothing-"

"Language!"Patton mumbled"anyways,she just took Theodore which is a fast way of travel.if she's going somewhere it must be to warn these sins folks whoever they are."

Virgil nodded"where should we go?"Nut sniffed the ground and tilted her ears forward"you smell Zavia's path,Nutmeg?"

Nut nodded"y-yeah!"Logan smiled with pure pride"then let's go!"Nut shot forward and began to run.

Virgil grinned his teeth I should've known the woman that trapped me and threatened to eat me was a bitch!why didn't I see the signs?she always disappeared,but why was she so interested in..."Roman.."Virgil gasped.

"They're going to hurt Roman,we need to go NOW!"Virgil ran at Logan's side and looked back to the others keep up!

"Nut,you still got the smell?"Logan asked"y-yeah!"Logan petted her"good girl,such a smart girl."

They jumped over a log and kept running,the wind throwing back Virgil's hair they can't hurt Roman,not without going through me!

(Extremely short but hey,we can live.)