Chapter 22

After some walking they found the Ferdabunnies again"thanks for the help guys."Remus grumbled hopping on Famine.

The others got on their rides and began to walk away"what did Lust mean by the home of the wolves?"Patton asked.

Remus looked over his shoulder at Patton"she probably meant the werewolf den."Virgil sighed"there's werewolves now?"

Remus nodded"and they aren't as far away as Lust said,without a break we should be there in a hour."Virgil nodded"that sounds good."

Logan looked to the bottle on his belt,Virgil stared at him and whispered"those aren't..."Logan nodded"Logan I'm so-"

"Just stop talking about it,I'm fine."Logan then went faster to get away from Virgil,Virgil looked down at Bolt I know what it's like loosing someone Logan,just not in the same way.

~~~~~

Half a hour later and Virgil heard a shuffling in the forest around them,Virgil looked over his shoulder"Remus..."

Remus stopped along with the others as it got silent,a wolf the size of the Ferdabunnies crept out the bushes.

They had midnight black fur with white paws and green eyes,their ears flopped slightly.

"H-hello."Remus said urging the others to get off the Ferdabunnies,the wolf sniffed the air and glared at the group.

"State your business."the voice ordered with his deep voice"we're here to find our friend,Roman.have you seen him?"Remus asked.

The wolf walked up to Virgil and sniffed his bag"you don't seem to be lying if you smell of him."the wolf mumbled taking a step back.

"Are you bounty hunters?"he asked"what?"Patton asked tilting his head"this Roman you speak of has a bounty,the sins told us to hide him from them."

"We aren't bounty hunters,or hunters of any kind!"Patton exclaimed,the wolf noticed the bottle on Logan"why would one of you have Quiliser ashes then?"

Logan gaped"you think I'm the one that killed Nutmeg!?"Remus smacked the back of Logan's head"don't be rude."he muttered"yes,you have to be present to the death of a Quiliser to get their ashes,don't you?"

"Well,yes.but Logan was like a mom to that Quiliser,he'd never hurt her!"Remus said,the wolf looked to Remus"didn't that Quiliser have a real mom?"

Logan spoke up"yeah,me!"Patton slapped his hand over Logan's mouth and whispered"I don't think you're helping Kiddo."the wolf growled"a human could never mother a Quiliser successfully."

He looked to the ashes again"and it appears that I was right."Logan felt pure rage to the wolf"why you little-"Remus butted in"back to the topic,we aren't bounty hunters,the sins lied to you!"

The wolf nodded"come with me."the wolf then walked past them.

~~~~~~~

The wolf lead them through the forest"what's your name?"the wolf looked down at Patton smiling up at him on Amy.

"Lupa."he mumbled,Logan adjusted his glasses"like the wolf that raised Romulus and Remus in Roman mythology?"

Remus gasped"me,Roman,and you have linked names!"Lupa sighed"we appear to."

"Could you explain a bit about you werewolves?"Logan asked"I'd rather not,ask your friend who seems to know everything."Lupa grumbled.

"You seem grumpy."Patton mumbled,Lupa glared at Patton making him look away"forget I said anything."