Chapter 6

Everyone turned around,walking out of the hall was a giant creature.

It had the front half of a bull and the back of a bear,along with it were the paws of a wolf.

"A Tuartaru."Remus whispered"w-what is that?"the tuartaru then charged,the sides ran to the other side of the clearing and the opening closed"its a really angry bull that eats people lost in a maze.."Remus gulped.

The tuartaru charged again,the sides ran out the way"let me guess,another one of you and Roman's creations?"Virgil growled"yes,these are actually what we usually fight."

Virgil scoffed"then go fight it,genius!"the bull like creature charged again,the sides jumped out the way"I'm sorry but I needed reaction time,Virgin!"

The Tuartaru whipped his head to the other sides,now away from Remus.

Remus growled you can do this Remus,just focus.Remus opened his hand and grinned his teeth before his mace appeared in his hand"yes!"he cheered softly.

The Tuartaru then charged to the sides,Remus ran after it and jumped into the air.

As he came down he grabbed the bull's horns and pushed him to the ground,dust was kicked into the air.

Remus then struck down his mace to the creature's head,it went limp.

Remus inhaled sharply and smirked,he looked back to the others and wiped blood from his cheek"see?i was useful!"Remus then fainted.

Virgil groaned"this always happens,Remus!"he groaned"wait what happened!?"Patton asked"the thing with Remus and this place is that it makes him weaker,doing something like killing a creature his brother made takes too much of his energy here."

Patton looked to Remus"when is he waking up?"Janus shrugged"a hour at most."Virgil sighed"he's going to slow us down!"

Janus shook his head"no I got this."Janus walked over to Remus and touched his face,a yellow smoke covered Remus and when it died away there was a green rat in his place.

"Oh my stars,he's so cute!!"Patton squealed,Janus picked him up and placed him in his pocket"he should be fine now,when he wakes up I'll change him back."

"How do you do that?"Logan asked as they began to walk,the walls opening again.

"Remus and Roman gave me lessons,I'm not that good but the best tricks I can do are animal related ones."

"So you do magic like Roman and Remus?"Patton asked,Janus smiled"not exactly,it is just making a new reality through your imagination.but yeah,magic."

Virgil rolled his eyes I can't believe they trust him now."could you teach us?"Patton asked.

"You'd have to ask Roman after this is all over,he's the real master."Patton nodded in agreement"he can conjure puppies!"

~~~~~

After some time Janus pulled Remus out of his pocket,he was now awake and looking around"hey little guy,sorry but I had to make you movable so we didn't loose time dragging your fat ass around."

Patton nudged him and Janus chuckled"I'll change you back."Janus placed the rat on the ground and snapped his fingers making Remus turn back"thank you for saving us,Remus!"Patton said.

Remus smiled and rubbed the back of his neck"it was nothing.."he mumbled"yeah,nothing."Virgil growled"kiddo,be nice."

Virgil bit his tongue don't get them pissed off.Janus continued to lead them,the sky above them soon gained a roof"oh great,how are we going to know what time it is?"Remus asked.

"That shouldn't matter,we'll be fine."Virgil grumbled as he adjusted his bag on his shoulder"but it's dark,Virgil!"Patton whined.

"Grow up."Virgil grumbled,Patton looked to the floor"o-ok,Kiddo."Logan looked to Patton then Virgil,everyone had stopped walking"Virgil,Patton is grown up!"

Virgil rolled his eyes"he wears a onesie all day and eats cookies,how is that grown up?"Patton sighed"let's not talk about it,ok?"Janus glared at Virgil"yeah,we have better things to do."he growled.

Janus turned and continued walking,he stared at his gloved hands and groaned.

A dim light escaped his palms"there you go Janus,you're getting better!"Virgil rolled his eyes"maybe if you took off your gloves it would be easier."he grumbled with a smirk.

Janus glared at Virgil"I'd rather not,Virgil."