Chapter 3

Virgil looked at the red cloth of Roman's sash and sighed"you idiot.."

Patton opened his eyes and looked up in a tree to see Virgil,he slowly got up and climbed up to Virgil.

Virgil stuffed the sash into his saddle bag"what do you want,Patton?"Patton grimaced"I miss Roman too,Virgil."Virgil rolled his eyes"I don't miss him,he's my enemy!"

Patton chuckled"we all know that's not true,you guys are at least frienimies."

Virgil looked down at the ground below them"did..did you mean what you said?about me being stupid?"Virgil shook his head"I was just angry,I didn't know what I was saying."

Patton smiled softly"I just want you to be honest,maybe you and Janus could be friends if you were honest about how you feel."Virgil grimaced"maybe."

Patton played with his hands"what does Janus mean when he says he's been here before?"Virgil looked to Patton"me and Remus have some history here,that's all I'll say."

~~~~~~

The others woke up as Patton and Virgil climbed back down"alright,let's go!"Janus said turning and beginning to walk again.

Virgil looked over his shoulder as the others began to follow"Virge?"Logan asked,Virgil heard someone stepping on a twig ever so quietly"run."he whispered hearing leaves beginning to move"RUN!"

Virgil then grabbed Logan and began to run as a creature leaped out the bushes,landing right where Logan was.

The creature was the size of a bear with pitch black fur with white spots,yellow eyes glaring at Virgil and Logan.

The others noticed the creature and began to run as well,Remus being the quickest"what is that!?"Patton asked as the creature gave chase.

"A Wilburion!"Remus yelped jumping over a log"what the fuck is that!?"Logan asked"it's a really big leopard!"Remus answered as he pushed a leaf away from his face.

The wilburion roared making the sides run faster"we need to hide or that thing will kill us!"Janus yelled,when he pushed some bushes away he saw a temple.

"Well isn't that convenient."Patton mumbled before hearing the wilburion catching up"in we go,if you want to live of course!"Janus ordered.

The sides ran in and Remus closed the door behind them,each side gasping for air.

"How did you know what that was Remus?"Logan asked"me and Roman used to ride them when we were younger,though they were much nicer then this."Virgil put a hand on his hip"so what is a wild wilburion doing here?"

"Roman must be frantic,his creatures only become this wild when he's scared."Remus said,Patton whimpered"what if Roman's being chased?"

Janus put a hand on Patton's shoulder"I'm sure he's ok,Patton."suddenly,torches on the wall lit up making the inside easier to see.

Logan raised a eyebrow"that's strange.."Janus stared down at the hallway that was before them"it might be a way out.."

Just before Janus took a step Patton pulled him back"Janus,wait!"Patton looked to the ground and threw a rock at the hall.

It landed and the ground below it collapsed into a cassum"how..how did you know?"Janus asked baffled"have you seen adventure movies?this was way too easy!"

Logan sighed"I guess those wildly inaccurate movies do give you a lesson or two."Patton smirked,Janus looked at the ground"oh~,are you gonna do the thing Janus?"

Janus groaned"yes."Virgil smiled softly"wait,what are you doing?"Logan asked,Janus tilted his hat so it hid his eyes"this.."

Janus snapped his fingers and yellow smoke hid him from the side's view,when it dyed down he was a black snake with a yellow belly.

"Oh my god you're so cute!"Patton squealed,Remus giggled"Janus is a snake boi!"Virgil nodded"snake boi,snake boi!"

Patton smiled at Virgil he's so much happier then before.Virgil noticed him and cleared his throat before going back to his old self.

Janus looked to the hallway and slithered over,the floor didn't even move.

When he got to the other side Janus changed back and saw a lever,he hesitantly pushed it down and heard old gears start to work.

"I think you're good now,just be careful."Logan hesitantly walked on the ground,it was obviously till weak under his weight but it held better then before.

After Logan was Remus who just slid on his belly across the hall,Remus cackled"again!"

Virgil then followed,terror in his body language.

Patton looked at the floor then the others"it's ok Patton,just take it slow."Janus reassured.

Patton gulped and started walk,he made it almost all the way before the ground gave way.

Patton then began to fall"PATTON!"everyone yelled at once,Janus shot forward and grabbed Patton's hands.

Patton hanged on the edge with Janus being the only thing stopping him from falling"p-please don't let me fall,Janus!"Patton pleaded.

"I got ya,Patton.it's ok."Janus then helped Patton up,when Patton was safe he smiled up at Janus and hugged him.

"Thank you Janus,I owe you my life!"Janus blushed and stood there stunned,Logan and Virgil we're disgusted by the scene.

"Alright,let's keep going."Janus said"and be careful."