Chapter 40

Virgil climbed out the house in the middle of the night as quietly as possible before climbing up to the canopy,he sighed as he looked up to the sky.

The sky was a beautiful mix of purple and red with clear stars that reflected in his eyes like small galaxies,Roman sat up in the hammock the adominiums made him did I hear something?

Virgil closed his eyes and took in the midnight air,Roman clumsily climbed out the house and poked his head out of the canopy to see Virgil.

Virgil then picked a leaf and stared at it these adominiums are my family,I feel like I belong with them.he teared at the leaf a tiny bit.

But what's worth belonging when I leave the people I truly care about?Virgil ripped the leaf by mistake"shit."he whispered.

Roman bit his lip i should-the branch below him made a noise and he ducked down,Virgil looked over his shoulder at nothing.

Virgil looked back to the torn leaf the adominiums try to be my family but the sides are my family,I can't leave family.

Roman sighed with relief that was clo-"I know you're there Roman,come out."Virgil mumbled.

Roman smiled awkwardly and shuffled over to Virgil"hey Virge."Virgil smiled softly at him"hey Princey."

Say something now while you can!"Virgil,are you staying with them?"Roman blurted out,Virgil tilted his head"why do you want to know?"

Roman tensed oh no is he getting defensive?"b-because I'm scared you aren't coming back with us,that you're going to stay with your family."

Virgil chuckled softly"family?Roman,you don't have to be related to be family.i never knew them but I knew you,that's what makes you and the others family.so yeah,I'm staying with my family."

Roman smiled"wow I didn't know you were poetic!"Roman then ruffled his hair making Virgil laugh"Roman stop!"

Roman shook his head then Virgil fell back,Roman loomed over Virgil and chuckled softly"it looks like you're the Simba to my Nala."he said.

Virgil smirked and sat up"does that mean I'm going to be your king,Princey?"Roman smirked"of course,your highness."Virgil then kissed Roman god I love this man.

~~~~~~

The sides packed up there stuff,Logan sighed.

Everyone had been through so much and everyone had gained something,for Logan it was the fact he could be loved by not only Remus but his beloved Nutmeg too.

He walked to the group and smiled"everyone ready?"the group nodded"Virgil wait!"Lydia said,stopping him from joining the others.

"Yeah?"Lydia looked to the ground"you're a very skilled adominium,even for how long you've been trained.we were wondering...if you'd consider..."

Virgil smiled Awkwardly"it's ok,Lydia.I'll pass,I prefer running with a different crowd."he then smiled over his shoulder at Roman.

Lydia nodded"of course!"Zavia and her family then walked over"Virgil,before you leave we have stuff for you."

Zavia handed Virgil a choker with a shiny black disc in the middle"it's a hunter's choker,new hunters wear them with pride."she then gestures to other young adominiums with the choker.

"It has the shell of the beetle you killed in it."Jupiter pointed to the disc as Virgil putted it on"thanks."Kade then shyly walked over"what do you got buddy?"

Kade pulled something out his overall pocket and handed it to Virgil,it was a toy spider with rice stuffed in it"his name is Lycon,can you take care of him for me?"Kade asked.

Virgil's heart melted"of course,Kade!"he took the spider and gently placed it in his bag and held out his arms for a hug which Kade gladly gave.

Virgil then stood up"bye everyone!"Virgil said before turning and climbing out the house with the others to their route home.